+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter Reid

Re: Peter Reid

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I am. He said they're both members of the human race therefore it can't be racism. So he's saying racism doesn't exist.
    He also asked you a question which you did not answer

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He also asked you a question which you did not answer
    Eh?

He said how can you be racist against a member of the same race, that race being the human race. Everyone is in the human race, so by this logic racism doesn't exist.

I can't put it any more clearly I'm afraid.

What questions do you think I'm not answering?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It was more than a little push to be fair

He shoved him flying over the hoardings. How he never got booked for that I don’t know?
    Don Murray used to do that to opposing players every week

I am. He said they're both members of the human race therefore it can't be racism. So he's saying racism doesn't exist.
    It doesn’t exist if you use the word “racist” it’s the wrong term that has been used for yrs, and nobody seems bothered enough to change it.
    You can physically or verbally attack another human being, or groups of human beings, if you don’t like their skin colour, creed, religion, weight, looks etc, but you can’t possibly be “racist” against someone from the same “race”
    Do you agree?
    Anyway, enough if this. There’s a potential cup upset on today in our beautiful city, and we need to make sure it doesn’t occur.
    Cmon you Bluebirds!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It doesn’t exist if you use the word “racist” it’s the wrong term that has been used for yrs, and nobody seems bothered enough to change it.
    You can physically or verbally attack another human being, or groups of human beings, if you don’t like their skin colour, creed, religion, weight, looks etc, but you can’t possibly be “racist” against someone from the same “race”
    Do you agree?
    Anyway, enough if this. There’s a potential cup upset on today in our beautiful city, and we need to make sure it doesn’t occur.
    Cmon you Bluebirds!!!!
    Ok, so you don't think the same word should be used for humans as a whole AND to describe the different types of humans that are around.

Interesting, not something I've ever heard be mentioned before. Maybe a bit unfair to call me Smartypants for this, seeing as far as I'm aware, 'race' is a long established scientific term, not something I've started to bandy around today.

To be honest, I think the word racist is fine to describe it.

Expecting Hartley to jump back in his box now he's realised I was answering the question

Expecting Hartley to jump back in his box now he's realised I was answering the question
    I’m afraid I won’t be jumping in any box. I’ve been too busy with my footy bets and running a few errands that continue this riveting discussion.

Eh?

He said how can you be racist against a member of the same race, that race being the human race. Everyone is in the human race, so by this logic racism doesn't exist.

I can't put it any more clearly I'm afraid.

What questions do you think I'm not answering?
    You didn’t answer. You have now.