+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scousers Vs Baggies

Re: Scousers Vs Baggies

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    First half almost 50 mins in.

Correct decisions reached. But is that making the game too technical?
    You're losing your talking points, but it will be interesting to see who Klopp blames if Liverpool lose. It won't be him or his team that's for sure.

The VAR does seem amateurish compared to rugby. The crowd can't see it plus the ref just seems to get one angle. Its not slick. I think its here to stay though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It'll end up like a bloody computer game !!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really. Like I said, when used correctly, it works quickly and accurately.

Seems like today all manner of decisions were made to review that should not have been reviewed,

MLS process is video ref in MLS HQ has access to numerous camera angles. They follow the ongoing game. If they see a decision made that was clearly wrong - as in the example I gave of a handballed goal, angles clearly showed the handball then the video ref contacts the ref, tells him they have an angle that clearly indicates the decision should be reversed. Ref goes to see that footage, sees the handball, corrects the decision.

At no time should the system be used for "well, I don't really know if I was right" decisions. MLS it's used purely to correct decisions where evidence shows wrong decision was made - should never be used to confirm on field decisions were right.
    If they are defo going to keep it, then they will have to follow EGG and stop the bloody clock