+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back in for Madine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Back in for Madine?

We paid reasonable money for Bogle and Tomlin yet neither play regularly, throw in Ward who made a limited impact prior to injury and we have had a poor return on the money invested.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    We paid reasonable money for Bogle and Tomlin yet neither play regularly, throw in Ward who made a limited impact prior to injury and we have had a poor return on the money invested.
    Bogle is injured, Ward is injured and Tomlin has been a disappointment. Warnock has also signed Paterson, Damour, NML, Etheridge and Camp for free, or very little, so some perspective is needed. Also, we've not spent more than £1.5m on anyone, which is peanuts in today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bogle is injured, Ward is injured and Tomlin has been a disappointment. Warnock has also signed Paterson, Damour, NML, Etheridge and Camp for free, or very little, so some perspective is needed. Also, we've not spent more than £1.5m on anyone, which is peanuts in today's market.
    I had no idea Bogle is injured. He was on the bench on Sunday. Not sure how I missed that one. In which case, Zohore is probably the only recognised striker we have at present. Is Gounongbe still at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had no idea Bogle is injured. He was on the bench on Sunday. Not sure how I missed that one. In which case, Zohore is probably the only recognised striker we have at present. Is Gounongbe still at the club?
    Well, "injured" might be a bit strong but considering he's looked half decent and Warnock is saying Pilks is the 2nd best striker we have, I'm inferring he's injured. Connolly has been on the bench, as has Pilks at times this season, and there's no way they've been fit. Connolly didn't even warm up, he just stood there and chatted to the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Guonongbe was injured again in December and out for 3/4 months. Healey is fit again and was looking useful as was Bogle. Warnock hasn't said Bogle is injured (he looks OK in the club training videos) but he seems to have slipped down the pecking order. That may be more to do with Pilks impressing than Bogle not.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    How can you say that - we are third in the table !!!.