+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance tomorrow

Attendance tomorrow

Looking good for 25000+ now. On website Canton end is sold out, only about 100 tickets left in Ninian stand and Family end similar. Lower Grandstand centre blocks pretty much sold out too. Only leaves corners between Ninian/Canton and Canton/Grandstand available. Bring it on.

Re: Attendance tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Looking good for 25000+ now. On website Canton end is sold out, only about 100 tickets left in Ninian stand and Family end similar. Lower Grandstand centre blocks pretty much sold out too. Only leaves corners between Ninian/Canton and Canton/Grandstand available. Bring it on.
    Pretty sure half of the Family Stand is empty. Tickets not put up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Pretty sure half of the Family Stand is empty. Tickets not put up for sale.
    At least three main centre blocks in the family end were up for sale earlier in the week and only about 100 seats are left here. Even if what you say is correct, a 25000 crowd is likely.

23k at the most I reckon. Big gaps surrounding away support and ends of grandstand and corners of canton still have plenty of seats left.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    23k at the most I reckon. Big gaps surrounding away support and ends of grandstand and corners of canton still have plenty of seats left.
    Spedger
    Agreed at best

23k is still a pretty decent crowd for us

coming down from pwllheli plus friend..25,000 + 2

Should be getting 25,000. Local derby and we're 2nd FFS

Shows how much the severnside derby has slipped in order of preference for City fans. Had we been playing the Jacks tomorrow the attendance wouldn't be far off a sell out.

2008/09:
    vs Bristol City - 19,312
    vs Swansea City - 20,156

2009/10:
    vs Bristol City - 20,853
    vs Swansea City - 25,130

2010/11:
    vs Bristol City - 22,444
    vs Swansea City - 26,049

Let's not pretend that the Severnside derby is a huge deal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Shows how much the severnside derby has slipped in order of preference for City fans. Had we been playing the Jacks tomorrow the attendance wouldn't be far off a sell out.

2008/09:
    vs Bristol City - 19,312
    vs Swansea City - 20,156

2009/10:
    vs Bristol City - 20,853
    vs Swansea City - 25,130

2010/11:
    vs Bristol City - 22,444
    vs Swansea City - 26,049

Let's not pretend that the Severnside derby is a huge deal anymore.
    Dont really know how you can say that, bearing in mind our average this year is 19000 and we are going to get pushing 25000 tomorrow. Also, if we do get 25000, that wont be far off capacity of the main bowl (28000) because Bristol are only bringing 1400 and there will be buffers either side of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Corners dont hold as many as the main blocks. Also the normal buffer zones around away fans are no more than half a block each side. Each block holds about 900-950 fans. There will be some walk ups as well. Sticking to my 25000.

I think 25,000 is optimistic. 22,000 odd is probably more realistic. Around 4,000 up on the average and with a reduced away following to boot.

Dont really know how you can say that, bearing in mind our average this year is 19000 and we are going to get pushing 25000 tomorrow. Also, if we do get 25000, that wont be far off capacity of the main bowl (28000) because Bristol are only bringing 1400 and there will be buffers either side of them.
    If we get 25k it'll be more due the fact we're playing promotion rivals at a reasonable time for a game not on tv.

We have yet to get a huge surge in attendance because we've been playing Bristol City at home since our promotion in 2003.

2015/16:
    vs Bristol City - 15,287
    average attendance - 16,463

2016/17:
    vs Bristol City - 22,776
    average attendance - 16,564

Two seasons ago we couldn't be bothered to watch them. Last season it was Warnock's first game and they were close to the top of the table. I think there was also some offer on for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    I think 25,000 is optimistic. 22,000 odd is probably more realistic. Around 4,000 up on the average and with a reduced away following to boot.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we get 25k it'll be more due the fact we're playing promotion rivals at a reasonable time for a game not on tv.

We have yet to get a huge surge in attendance because we've been playing Bristol City at home since our promotion in 2003.

2015/16:
    vs Bristol City - 15,287
    average attendance - 16,463

2016/17:
    vs Bristol City - 22,776
    average attendance - 16,564

Two seasons ago we couldn't be bothered to watch them. Last season it was Warnock's first game and they were close to the top of the table. I think there was also some offer on for the game.
    Regardless of Warnock's arrival, the 16/17 game was also live on Sky and on a Friday night, all factors that would lower the attendance of a normal game. I think putting an increase of 8,000 on our last home game (14,131) down to just Warnock is a tad unfair

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Should be getting 25,000. Local derby and we're 2nd FFS
    Also, it's not on Sky, neither are the egg chasers playing.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Also, it's not on Sky, neither are the egg chasers playing.
    The will be 'some' missing due to being in Ireland for the rugby, but it's still a good crowd if we've got 22k Home fans there it'll be 4K more than the Worzels had for us

Also transport will be an issue for those that rely on the train due to it being on a Sunday.

I'm gutted, have had a virus hanging around for a few days and it hit me yesterday.

Don't think I'll be there today 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The will be 'some' missing due to being in Ireland for the rugby, but it's still a good crowd if we've got 22k Home fans there it'll be 4K more than the Worzels had for us

Also transport will be an issue for those that rely on the train due to it being on a Sunday.

I'm gutted, have had a virus hanging around for a few days and it hit me yesterday.

Don't think I'll be there today 😕
    Trains running to ninian park from the valleys (pontypridd) according to the National rail app..

Conductor told me yesterday that there were also bus replacements for people going past pye corner on the ebbw vale line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Is the top tier of Ninian stand open ? , if it isnt then we'll have about 23.5 in there. Brizzle only had a 1000 tickets didnt they ?
    They had just under 1500.

Top tiers not open.

At least 1 block of Family Stand not on sale, large segregation, few hundred left in corners. Hundreds more in Grandstand.

Canton and Ninian virtually sold out.

22-23k

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Bit disappointing but I would like someone to tell me how they could get another 7000 in there. Ninian and Canton stands were full apart from corners, Grandstand was at least 2/3rds full, family stand at least 3/4 in the open blocks. The buffer zones around Bristol fans were 1.5 blocks each side i.e. about 2500-3000max.

Bit disappointing but I would like someone to tell me how they could get another 7000 in there. Ninian and Canton stands were full apart from corners, Grandstand was at least 2/3rds full, family stand at least 3/4 in the open blocks. The buffer zones around Bristol fans were 1.5 blocks each side i.e. about 2500-3000max.
    A "bit" disappointing?!?!?

Fewer than 20000 home fans for a derby game inFebruary whilst 4 points clear in 2nd? Where are the missing fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    A "bit" disappointing?!?!?

Fewer than 20000 home fans for a derby game inFebruary whilst 4 points clear in 2nd? Where are the missing fans?
    Posting on message boards of teams they don't care about?