+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Historic Reason for Optimism

Historic Reason for Optimism

Every team in first and second in the Championship after 37 matches since the 2008/09 season went on to gain automatic promotion. The last team that dropped out was in 2007/08 when......well Jursset has not been on here for a while so he can fill in the details!

Re: Historic Reason for Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Every team in first and second in the Championship after 37 matches since the 2008/09 season went on to gain automatic promotion. The last team that dropped out was in 2007/08 when......well Jursset has not been on here for a while so he can fill in the details!
    If we win sunday, I'm very confident we will go up

After last night you will see nothing BUT optimism from me.

That game last night took away niggling doubts I've had about upcoming opponents, yes we will drop more points in the next 9 games, but I know others will too and 7 points is a very handsome lead to have.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    After last night you will see nothing BUT optimism from me.

That game last night took away niggling doubts I've had about upcoming opponents, yes we will drop more points in the next 9 games, but I know others will too and 7 points is a very handsome lead to have.
    If we only pick up 12 points, others have to manage 20 points minimum to catch us. Out of 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    If we only pick up 12 points, others have to manage 20 points minimum to catch us. Out of 27.
    It's a cracking position to be in, I've been nervous the last few weeks so have probably come across as negative etc to others, but last night went a long way to changing that.

On a less positive note, half the teams finishing third or fourth in the last six years achieved 19 points or more in their last nine games with two teams getting 21, so strong surges are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    On a less positive note, half the teams finishing third or fourth in the last six years achieved 19 points or more in their last nine games with two teams getting 21, so strong surges are possible.
    No doubt, so on the basis of 1 team getting 21 points we would need 15 to be sure.
    (Just on previous history not that it always relates to current seasons.. )

I don't think Fulham will reach 89 or villa 90 (21 points) mind. It's a really big ask.