+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we need a GOALSCORER?

Re: Do we need a GOALSCORER?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And that problem has been with the Club for years. No one seems to have rectified it,MM, OGS, RS, PT and Warnock has not really addressed the area, not since Dave Jones has there been a decent midfield.
    If Dave Jones had addressed the weakness in his 2 man central midfield hed have got us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    He was clearly unhappy with him following the sending off against Bristol. I got the impression there was an issue with attitude.

Loaning our Tomlin was a strange one also. Again there seemed more to it than just not fancying him. He wasn’t willing to live down here I think ?
    Agree with both points. I thought Bogle looked useful - he usually had an impact when coming off the bench and could put the ball in the net.

As for Tomlin, I've posted a few times before that I don't get the swap for Ward and wanted us to keep Tomlin, even if only for the bench as he is one player capable of doing something special and changing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Agree with both points. I thought Bogle looked useful - he usually had an impact when coming off the bench and could put the ball in the net.

As for Tomlin, I've posted a few times before that I don't get the swap for Ward and wanted us to keep Tomlin, even if only for the bench as he is one player capable of doing something special and changing a game.
    I agree about Bogle. I wonder if there are reasons that we are unaware of for sending him out on loan.

Tomlin had plenty of chances and never looked fit. I hope that we get him back at some stage as he has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree about Bogle. I wonder if there are reasons that we are unaware of for sending him out on loan.

Tomlin had plenty of chances and never looked fit. I hope that we get him back at some stage as he has so much potential.
    Both disrupting team harmony , probaly not training as they should or listening and reacting positively to instructions,we need to bare in mind we have three experienced folk in charge in Blackwell , Jepson and Warnock ,all have seen good and bad come and go , in them I trust .

Bogle: for the mighty posh 4 games one goal.

Tomlin : since 31st Jan , played 5 times scored 3 goals .

Big Ken doesn't seem ruthless enough.

Also, he seems a bit vacant in the sense that he doesn't show any passion. I think I've only ever seen one facial expression from him.

I'm wondering if he has Asperger's? That wouldn't (or shouldn't) affect his footballing ability though.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Also, he seems a bit vacant in the sense that he doesn't show any passion. I think I've only ever seen one facial expression from him.

I'm wondering if he has Asperger's? That wouldn't (or shouldn't) affect his footballing ability though.
    Not a criticism (as I laughed as he did it) but one time against wolves he chased a ball over the top and ran the wrong way before noticing and changing his course, was am endearing kinda moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post

I think Bogle was bought in case we ended up getting an offer for zohore on deadline day that was too good to turn down and we didn't want to be left without anyone

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

You've got a point there - no signs of anguish, determination, frustration ... joy even! ... strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You've got a point there - no signs of anguish, determination, frustration ... joy even! ... strange.
    I'm sure he sort of laughed v wolves when he ran the wrong way after a loose ball then changed his course. And I've seen his disappointment when losing a battle while sat in the family stamd about 20 yards from him.