+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People saying if only we'd got a point v Wolves or Villa...

People saying if only we'd got a point v Wolves or Villa...

Alternatively, thank feck we won a point away at Sheff Utd when it looked lost, won 3 at Norwich late on, won 3 at Brentford after getting battered for the first 10 minutes, won 3 at runaway winners Wolves, won 3 at Ipswich when a draw was the likely result, won 3 at Barnsley in a similar manner, 3 at home v the Wurzels etc etc

I can't look at this season in terms of dropped points. The amount of points we've won that we shouldn't have is incredible.

That takes nerve, discipline, resolve and a large sprinkling of ability.

Take this same combination into our last 4 matches and we'll be fine.

Re: People saying if only we'd got a point v Wolves or Villa...

The point at Sheff U and the 3 points at Norwich which on balance of play was on our favour makes up for the points dropped against wolves and Villa
    That 2 points the Kunt Keith Stroud cost us at Reading is starting to look a bit ominous though 😡

My point about needing to win against Wolves & Villa was so that we could have avoided the current situation It's exciting though

We should've had 3 away to millwall too

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    My point about needing to win against Wolves & Villa was so that we could have avoided the current situation It's exciting though
    Was it your point too? I spotted something tonight but was remembering it being mentioned a lot before the Norwich game.

Anyway, the point being that based on our whole season thus far, there is no reason to believe this group are going to throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We should've had 3 away to millwall too
    I call your 2 points dropped there = 2 points gained v Boro away (84th minute penalty)

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Was it your point too? I spotted something tonight but was remembering it being mentioned a lot before the Norwich game.

Anyway, the point being that based on our whole season thus far, there is no reason to believe this group are going to throw it away.
    It would have been nice to have an extra 4-6 points going into the final 5 games though

It would have been nice to have an extra 4-6 points going into the final 5 games though
    Personally, I'd rather be on 105 points now and already have the Championship Trophy.

Personally, I'd rather be on 105 points now and already have the Championship Trophy.
    If only Neil hadn't sent the team to Amsterdam

I think you're clutching at straws there for our Krimbo blip. As I've stated above, we've won far more than we've lost this season.

The pre-season predictions thread was interesting. Everyone was stating how much some of these teams had and the signings they'd made. If we do make 2nd, we will upset a lot of the logic.

And it was ever thus.

Perhaps that way trip to Taffs Well , will come back and haunt us .

Why he dragged the team there , will stay long in the memory.

Alternatively, thank feck we won a point away at Sheff Utd when it looked lost, won 3 at Norwich late on, won 3 at Brentford after getting battered for the first 10 minutes, won 3 at runaway winners Wolves, won 3 at Ipswich when a draw was the likely result, won 3 at Barnsley in a similar manner, 3 at home v the Wurzels etc etc

I can't look at this season in terms of dropped points. The amount of points we've won that we shouldn't have is incredible.

That takes nerve, discipline, resolve and a large sprinkling of ability.

Take this same combination into our last 4 matches and we'll be fine.

Tnis is the best post I have ever read on here, honest and truthful. Cardiff have got maybe 8 points more than any other team would of have, in games when they have been second best,

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Tnis is the best post I have ever read on here, honest and truthful. Cardiff have got maybe 8 points more than any other team would of have, in games when they have been second best,
    Which is why we’re the 2nd best team in this division this season

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Which is why we’re the 2nd best team in this division this season
    And fully deserved

Can't remember who the ref was, but the NON-PELANTY decision in the last seconds at Fulham, is the one that could have nailed it.

Defo pelanty. Should have been 3 points not 1, ref bottled it.