+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bryson-Pound for Pound

Blue in the Face

Re: Craig Bryson-Pound for Pound

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A fair shout.
    Are you conceding because you've been outnumbered on the thread? Think your OP makes a fair point. Had we not got Bryson there might not have been anyone else in the market available to us who could come in and give us the ready made experience and work ethic that he has. He also gave our squad something we didn't otherwise have. Across the season he's made a far bigger impact than any of the other loan players for me.

Bellamy, O'Neil and Rambo didn't happen to be with us in pivotal seasons. (I'd also add Routledge made a big impact over a few games). Though it remains to be seen if Bryson is with us in a promotion season.

Koumas did though and had a colossal impact in a pivitol season and avoiding relegation. So I would say he is still the benchmark.

If we go up, could he be considered our most influential-Best ever loan signing? For me, Koumas was the better player, an absolute joy at times, how he'd have coped in this side god only knows. Bryson offers something completely different, he is one of the fittest players I've ever seen, not very technical, but an absolute wasp of a midfielder who has done the job he was brought in to do. I can remember a player named Bob Hatton who came in for the last third of the season during the 82-83 season, and he was very influential in our promotion that season, Eddie Newton another great loan, but both at different levels. Is Bryson pound for pound our greatest ever loan signing-even if we end up in the play offs?
    No.

I think Eddie Newton may have been the most influential. Bellars close.

Rambo was decent, but short term.

Best ever, probably wouldn't make the top 10.

Best this season, yes, just edges Grujic for me. Fits perfectly into NW's high energy, closing down style.

Blue in the Face

Bryson was a 10 in this game. His full debut I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Are you conceding because you've been outnumbered on the thread? Think your OP makes a fair point. Had we not got Bryson there might not have been anyone else in the market available to us who could come in and give us the ready made experience and work ethic that he has. He also gave our squad something we didn't otherwise have. Across the season he's made a far bigger impact than any of the other loan players for me.

Bellamy, O'Neil and Rambo didn't happen to be with us in pivotal seasons. (I'd also add Routledge made a big impact over a few games). Though it remains to be seen if Bryson is with us in a promotion season.

Koumas did though and had a colossal impact in a pivitol season and avoiding relegation. So I would say he is still the benchmark.
    No, not conceding, Grujic is a good shout, it's all about opinions, that's all i'm trying to stir up. You've actually made more sense of what I meant in my original post. I was never talking about ability or impact, we've had much better in those terms, my thoughts were more directed towards the unique style that Warnock plays and how Bryson has fitted in that style, also, the reward that may await us-Promotion. I'd agree with you about Koumas, but I don't think that Koumas, Ramsey etc would have suited the way we we play, Bryson, for the best part has. That's why I was asking the question.

If we go up, could he be considered our most influential-Best ever loan signing? For me, Koumas was the better player, an absolute joy at times, how he'd have coped in this side god only knows. Bryson offers something completely different, he is one of the fittest players I've ever seen, not very technical, but an absolute wasp of a midfielder who has done the job he was brought in to do. I can remember a player named Bob Hatton who came in for the last third of the season during the 82-83 season, and he was very influential in our promotion that season, Eddie Newton another great loan, but both at different levels. Is Bryson pound for pound our greatest ever loan signing-even if we end up in the play offs?
    Bryson is someone I have only seen on TV so cannot comment on him, Danny Drinkwater was a decent loan signing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Bryson is someone I have only seen on TV so cannot comment on him, Danny Drinkwater was a decent loan signing IMO.
    Never looked a premiership player during his stint though

Drinkwater was good for 5 games at the start of the season when we're unbeaten, if I remember correctly, but then got injured and we hardly saw him.

Slightly ot but I would not trust Gujic next Sunday. Bryson will be safer bet.
    Of the loanees Gujic edges it for me with us winning all those games when he started. He clearly has had a big influence.

Could swear we agreed a deal allowing us to buy Bryson if we wanted at the end of his loan.

If so, I'd not be surprised to see him join permanently.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Could swear we agreed a deal allowing us to buy Bryson if we wanted at the end of his loan.

If so, I'd not be surprised to see him join permanently.
    Are you thinking of Wildshut? Was googling that recently and couldn't get a conclusion. I'm not wure if we might be locked into buying Wildschut if certain conditions are met (promotion?)

Pretty sure Bryson is a one season deal.

Ffs Eddie Johnson was our best ever loan signing

Bob Hatton was a permanent signing.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Ffs Eddie Johnson was our best ever loan signing
    Let's be honest he was shit, but great entertainment value.. Sad to hear he's had to retire because of a heart condition though.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Bob Hatton was a permanent signing.
    I stand corrected-although I was only ten at the time. I looked at wiki, and he played 30 games for us that season with nine goals, I thought he came in over the Christmas period. His goal scoring record wasn't to be sniffed at either.

I stand corrected-although I was only ten at the time. I looked at wiki, and he played 30 games for us that season with nine goals, I thought he came in over the Christmas period. His goal scoring record wasn't to be sniffed at either.
    He was bloody old when he was here though he was brought in for his experience to play alongside the brilliant Jeff Hemmerman who never stopped working

To be honest he didn't need to move about much when he had the great Dave Bennett laying on chances for him - what a player

Tom Heston was another good loanee

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He was bloody old when he was here though he was brought in for his experience to play alongside the brilliant Jeff Hemmerman who never stopped working

To be honest he didn't need to move about much when he had the great Dave Bennett laying on chances for him - what a player
    Dave Bennett is my all time favourite player-loved him!

Alan Wright

NQAT

Craig Bryson is a very unselfish and hard working player who I feel has been playing a bit better lately, but I wouldn't have him in my top ten best City loan signings list, let alone think of him as being the best of the lot,

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Bryson for me and based on what I’ve seen ;
    Works hard for the team
    Gets into some good positions around the 18 yard box
    Should work on his shooting

So many are missing the point OP was making.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I like Bryson, but I'd put Grujic ahead of Bryson
    Grujic can't play the 90 minutes though in case he’s sent off

Heisenberg

Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So many are missing the point OP was making.
    Unless Bryson is doing a lot of this "unseen" stuff that I hear about these days, he doesn't make enough of an impact for me - he scored a great goal at Sunderland, but, apart from that, I can't see anything he's done that explains why he was so highly regarded at Derby a few years ago. His stamina and fitness levels are very impressive for a 31 year old, but I can only think that his game has declined in some respects in the last few seasons - certainly, there were a lot of Derby fans who weren't too bothered about losing him for the season.