Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
A number of weeks ago, BIS posted on a thread about attendances, stating that there was 'no way' that Cities average attendance would get above 20,000, because we only had a core support of about 16,000 and that enough walk up support wouldnt be enticed to go along, due to the poor standard of football on offer and VT still being in charge. Well I suggest that he now checks the final statistics (average 20,164) and issue a sincere apology to everyone including VT. Its the least he can do surely (although I wont hold my breath).
An apology to VT?

I will issue a statement on May 7th 2024, exactly 6 years from today. I'll give you a preview

"I made a mistake about Cardiff City not averaging 20,000. I've rectified it, and we are now all pulling in the same direction". I'll even hire two bodyguards to chair me onto the pitch in an effort to make me appear to be one of the fans.

Cardiff's crowds have been piss poor. A couple of large crowds have helped to skew the figures. Fewer than 3 months ago, the club had 16,000 against Bolton Wanderers. Two months to the day, the club had 16,000 against Barnsley. This despite the club occupying the top 2 spots for most of the season (and very probably on the days in question).

Now, 32,000 for a promotion game, or 32,000 for a game against Man City may well allow you to score points - good luck to you. But, nothing in the future will alter the fact that Cardiff City had some embarrassingly shit crowds whilst chasing promotion and often in the middle of some significantly long runs of victories.