Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Inaccessibility? Its in the middle of a feckin city centre!

No, there isn't anything special about the new Wembley Stadium, its an average modern stadium riding on the coattails of its predecessor. When its used as the stadium for the final of the Checkatrade Trophy and Tottenham Hotspur home game, it loses any kind of mystique it has in my view

Of course it matters where its located, an occasion such as a cup final isn't 90 minutes, its a full day, you don't want the stadium to be in the middle of nowhere

That final comment is a load of bollocks, the Millennium gets rave reviews from visiting fans and is known as a great venue to watch sport, be it football or rugby
Yeah right - for big games, the City is gridlocked, the M4 blocked for miles each way and there is nowhere to park. Trains dont run for long after games and there are not enough buses. Also I repeat that the Millenium stadium is not a football stadium, the WRU dont want it there really and only their financial situation forces them to lease it out. My assessment, apparently unlike yours, of a stadium isnt based upon the proximity to bars and pubs where supporters can get bladdered before the game and thereby probably not remember what the stadium was like inside anyway.