+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy with 17th?

Happy with 17th?

We'd all be happy if we just survive in 17th place by 1 point or 1 goal difference.

But we've got to be more positive than that. We aren't some upstart little club from the backwoods of Wales - which is what they will think of us - come to dine at the rich man's table and watch all these big clubs and players showing us how to play the game while they slaughter us.

We've got to assert ourselves and be as tough and strong as we have been this season. The club and manager are making all the right noises about how we're going to play and the transfer policy. We need players who will fight as hard as the current squad, not spoilt brats after a pay day.

We can do better than 17th.

Re: Happy with 17th?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    We'd all be happy if we just survive in 17th place by 1 point or 1 goal difference.

But we've got to be more positive than that. We aren't some upstart little club from the backwoods of Wales - which is what they will think of us - come to dine at the rich man's table and watch all these big clubs and players showing us how to play the game while they slaughter us.

We've got to assert ourselves and be as tough and strong as we have been this season. The club and manager are making all the right noises about how we're going to play and the transfer policy. We need players who will fight as hard as the current squad, not spoilt brats after a pay day.

First season back, I would take this.

I'd snap your hands off for 17th and I think everyone associated with the club would.

Warnock is the master at controlling expectations.By saying that he knows then anything more and we are creaming ourselves.

17th first season all day long.

International

Apparently of those promoted clubs who survive the first year in the premier league, the majority are then relegated in their second season.
    Complacency maybe?

I'd take 17th an build from there

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

If Burnley can get to 7th then any of the 14 teams below can do so.

All 14 clubs will strengthen their squads.

Some teams (such as mini-league 1) will be more attractive than others to sign for due to history, wages offered & location.

Mini-league 1: Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, (Villa)

Mini-league 2: Leicester, Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton, Wolves, (Fulham)

Mini-league 3: Crystal Palace, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, (Middlesboro)

Getting anything from the top 6 teams will be a huge bonus.

Getting points against ML1 teams will be a bonus.

The majority of our points will come against ML2 & ML3 teams so as I see it (if Villa are not promoted) then we will be vying for the best position we can out of 11 teams.

We have as good a chance as many of finishing in 10th ... so I would not be 'happy' with 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Some teams (such as mini-league 1) will be more attractive than others to sign for due to history, wages offered & location.

Mini-league 3: Crystal Palace, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, (Middlesboro)

The majority of our points will come against ML2 & ML3 teams so as I see it (if Villa are not promoted) then we will be vying for the best position we can out of 11 teams.

We have as good a chance as many of finishing in 10th ... so I would not be 'happy' with 17th.
    Mini League 1

Man C
    Man U
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Liverpool

Mini League 2

The rest.

I'm really looking forward to this, will we have different colour tickets, so we can know what league we are playing in on any given day?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this, will we have different colour tickets, so we can know what league we are playing in on any given day?

He's right though, there are certain tiers within the Premier League and that isn't just "Top 6; the rest"

I seem to remember a Premier League manager used to split the league into three tiers; Have to win, could win, anything's a bouns

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes! Certain matches will be Gold (Man U etc), Silver (Everton etc) and Bronze (Palace etc).

Pricing for category A, B, C games will be different ... tickets will probably remain blue though.

I think Cardiff will finish 16th, I think they wil surprise teams, and turn over one of tne big 6 at home, a lot of these teams won’t know what’s hit them, yes of course there will be some heavy defeats on the way, I can see arsenal getting well beat in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I think Cardiff will finish 16th, I think they wil surprise teams, and turn over one of tne big 6 at home, a lot of these teams won’t know what’s hit them, yes of course there will be some heavy defeats on the way, I can see arsenal getting well beat in Cardiff
    Not if Ramsey's playing.

He'll get his usual standing ovation every time he touches the ball and the CCS will go mental when he scores.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...gainst-Cardiff

Not if Ramsey's playing.

He'll get his usual standing ovation every time he touches the ball and the CCS will go mental when he scores.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...gainst-Cardiff
    The Express as respectful as ever with that headline

Hilts is right, there’s the top six and anyone can come 7th! No one would have said Burnley at the beginning of season, they are a much smaller club than us,we are in the top 10 with regards to Stadium capacity and Fanbase so let’s get 10th place in our first season before we attack top 6?