+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hope the club get out to the Valleys in pre season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hope the club get out to the Valleys in pre season

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The support from the Valleys has been superb for years , but we are still only scratching the surface.

There's twice as many people in the valleys as there is in Cardiff and most have a straight train journey into the City.
    There are lots of people in the Valleys but they are very spread out and there’s a lot more money and wealth in Cardiff itself so let’s not go overboard.

However the club should do all it can to shore up Valleys support.

Do Ebbw Vale FC still play at that ground with the big bank (not the money type), on one side?

Remember going there for a Welsh Cup tie in the 90's, game descended into a pitch battle because of some really bad tackles by the Ebbw vale's players.

I think even the two bench's ended up throwing punches

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Do Ebbw Vale FC still play at that ground with the big bank (not the money type), on one side?

Remember going there for a Welsh Cup tie in the 90's, game descended into a pitch battle because of some really bad tackles by the Ebbw vale's players.

I think even the two bench's ended up throwing punches
    No, Ebbw Vale FC have been in rapid decline since the WPL days. Think they have reformed a few times and, just checking, looks like they are being closed down again.

I remember Inter Cardiff going there and getting a few kickings.
    It's always been primarily a rugby ground but I think RTB Ebbw Vale play there now in the Gwent Count League.