+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Summit

Re: North Korea Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Doubling Down syndrome
    Favouring peace is doubling down on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Favouring peace is doubling down on what exactly?
    We are favouring peace you cretin. But alienating your closest allies whilst metaphorically sucking off a despot whilst calling immigrants animals probably isn’t going to achieve peace.

Haha, this is the best thread ever, you have totally exposed yourself. You choose war over peace just because Donald Trump is involved.
    Did they finally sign the peace treaty? I must have missed that.

We are favouring peace you cretin. But alienating your closest allies whilst metaphorically sucking off a despot whilst calling immigrants animals probably isn’t going to achieve peace.
    Who has he alienated? He's just playing hardball, no more free lunches for the EU. Fair trade or no trade, what's complicated about that? Every country should be following that example.

Gluey, you're obviously very pleased with the summit, so please tell me, in your own words, what improvements are in the agreement compared to the one Bush signed about ten years ago?

Who has he alienated? He's just playing hardball, no more free lunches for the EU. Fair trade or no trade, what's complicated about that? Every country should be following that example.
    You don't really know what you're even talking about ffs.

You don't really know what you're even talking about ffs.
    If you were in charge of a country, would it be your policy to negotiate trade deals that were more beneficial to the other side?

And what’s your point?

That’s the problem now everyone thinks you’re on a team and you have to support everything everyone does on “your team”. ****ing morons

And what’s your point?

That’s the problem now everyone thinks you’re on a team and you have to support everything everyone does on “your team”. ****ing morons
    I'm on the team of those who do sensible things, it doesn't matter whether they are red or blue

I'm on the team of those who do sensible things, it doesn't matter whether they are red or blue
    You are on the side of a man who today has legitimised concentration camps, starvation, torture, murder and much more.

You are on the side of a man who today has legitimised concentration camps, starvation, torture, murder and much more.
    More likely putting an end to it All eyes now moving to Iran ..

lardy is this you?

What a dickhead!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No predictions, but credit to Trump for his part in making this happen.
    Yep he's the man second term beckons , then the Nobel peace prize ,followed by appointment as head of the UN, finally takes up rescidency in Scotland ,becomes it's ruler and declares independence from the World .

It looks like Trump had it all planned out 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Gluey, you're obviously very pleased with the summit, so please tell me, in your own words, what improvements are in the agreement compared to the one Bush signed about ten years ago?
    No answer?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep he's the man second term beckons , then the Nobel peace prize ,followed by appointment as head of the UN, finally takes up rescidency in Scotland ,becomes it's ruler and declares independence from the World .
    I'll give him credit for being able to bring Kim to the table, but that's as far as it goes with me. The disgraced Richard Nixon was responsible for a thawing of US/China relations back in the 70s and every President should be able to get a few things in the credit column to measure against the many in the debit one - Trump has something in the credit column now in my opinion, but he needs a lot more on top of this before I'll start to change my, very critical, opinion of the man.

And what’s your point?

Think it was his convoluted way of managing to keep up his 100 per cent record of posting something critical of the Labour party, no matter what the subject of the thread .

I'll give him credit for being able to bring Kim to the table, but that's as far as it goes with me. The disgraced Richard Nixon was responsible for a thawing of US/China relations back in the 70s and every President should be able to get a few things in the credit column to measure against the many in the debit one - Trump has something in the credit column now in my opinion, but he needs a lot more on top of this before I'll start to change my, very critical, opinion of the man.
    No previous presidents met because North Korea wouldn't make the concessions that the US wanted, although NK were certainly looking for the prestige of being equals on the world stage. The US knew how much they wanted it and asked for more than NK was willing to give, be it human rights, peace treaty, denuclearisation, etc.

In short, a meeting would happen once the countries were close to a deal. But trump just said yeah go on then to the meeting, and under these circumstances it's actually not much of an achievement. NK were always going to accept. The two haven't even agreed what denuclearisation of the peninsular means. Bringing Kim to the table in this fashion was shooting fish in a barrel, although better than nothing.

We'll see how big a mistake it was to give up a precious bargaining chip so lightly.

Think it was his convoluted way of managing to keep up his 100 per cent record of posting something critical of the Labour party, no matter what the subject of the thread .
    Ironically with hindsight being matey with gadaffi was one of the few foreign policy successes that Blair had. Cameron on the other hand, destroyed Libya and basically created the migrant crisis in the med.

We'll see how big a mistake it was to give up a precious bargaining chip so lightly.
    And if it does work we will see what a genius move it was, as the heavy hand clearly didn't work before.

Did anybody else notice how nervous Kim looked in Singapore? He didn't come across as the confident evil mass murderer I was expecting. It seemed like Trump was giving him subtle prompts throughout. I would also be interested to know what part China are playing in all of this. Obviously Trump has had plenty of contact with Xi, but I noticed Kim made a trip to Beijing prior to the summit and immediately afterwards.

Gluey?

Sorry mate, I wasn't privvy to the private conversations that took place in Singapore, but if NK do not comply then the US are going to bomb the feck out of them. China have been put on notice too.

Sorry mate, I wasn't privvy to the private conversations that took place in Singapore, but if NK do not comply then the US are going to bomb the feck out of them. China have been put on notice too.
    Another one of your lame cop-outs.

You seem confident that peace has been secured and no one is suggesting you're basing that on private conversations. I'm asking about the agreement that was signed. Why do you think it is better?

I'm also intrigued now why you think the US will bomb the feck out of NK if they don't comply. Where did you get that from?

Anyone would think you're making up bullshit because you love Donald!