+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is America?

Who is America?

Sasha Baron Cohen is a genius

Re: Who is America?

Really? Isn't his schtick getting a little old? He finds people he knows he can bait into saying something stupid or outrageous by pretending he's something he's not. Yes, Sarah Palin is a ****ing idiot, who cares anymore? I find the whole thing quite boring.

Brass Eye was way before its time - and the episode about cake was a scream. As for the OTT editing and graphics, that has all come to pass...

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Sasha Baron Cohen is a genius
    Didn't enjoy the first episode but willing to give it more time. I felt the premise was great with characters like Ali G and Borat (which are now, of course, too famous to use for the same purposes) but the characters from the first episode brought absolutely nothing. It's a shame.

He shows how ridiculous the 'Right' are. Some of these people have a large influence within the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Didn't enjoy the first episode but willing to give it more time. I felt the premise was great with characters like Ali G and Borat (which are now, of course, too famous to use for the same purposes) but the characters from the first episode brought absolutely nothing. It's a shame.
    I thought it was funny.

The interesting thing is that he tried to prank Bernie and some other more progressives and they suss it out quite quickly. Bernie comes across as smart. The people on the right just come across as absolute racist tossers. Getting a house rep to jump around saying the N word and showing his ass is astonishing. These are not low level officials.

Also you have to give credit to him for going to some of the more racist places in America and proposing at a town hall meeting that he wants to build the biggest mosque in their town.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I thought it was funny.

The interesting thing is that he tried to prank Bernie and some other more progressives and they suss it out quite quickly. Bernie comes across as smart. The people on the right just come across as absolute racist tossers. Getting a house rep to jump around saying the N word and showing his ass is astonishing. These are not low level officials.

Also you have to give credit to him for going to some of the more racist places in America and proposing at a town hall meeting that he wants to build the biggest mosque in their town.
    Why? It's a comedy bit for a TV show. What's the worst thing that could happen?

Heisenberg

I thought it was funny.

SBC's shows have been funny (to me) because of the characters that he's created and how they interact with the unwitting guests. Seeing Republicans make utter dicks of themselves on TV/in the public eye is nothing new, I mean, the most powerful of them all does it on a daily basis without any shame.

Only judging from the first episode, this show is missing something... and that's better characters. My expectations of something on par with Ali G and Borat (not Bruno) may be too high though. Just my opinion.

His granddad used top have a jeweller's shop in Pontypridd, where I bought my wife's engagement and weeding rings. I think his Welsh connections are mentioned in his Wikipedia entry. Perhaps that's why I like him?

If such TV shows expose the sheer stupidity and duplicity of some public figures, I'm all for it. However, I don't like such programmes when they are merely taking the mick out of members of the public serving in shops or at the end of a phone line.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If such TV shows expose the sheer stupidity and duplicity of some public figures, I'm all for it. However, I don't like such programmes when they are merely taking the mick out of members of the public serving in shops or at the end of a phone line.
    I agree, that was why I didn't enjoy face jacker, just taking the mick out of normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why? It's a comedy bit for a TV show. What's the worst thing that could happen?
    What? why does it being a comedy tv show make a difference? The people he's interviewing aren't aware it's a comedy show, there's nothing stopping them from reacting in a negative way to his questions.

When filming Bruno they had to build a trap door into the mma ring they were using because the crowd started a riot and tried to get to them. There's a really good interview with him where he talks about situations like that he's been in.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    His granddad used top have a jeweller's shop in Pontypridd, where I bought my wife's engagement and weeding rings. I think his Welsh connections are mentioned in his Wikipedia entry. Perhaps that's why I like him?
    That is quite posh really

Was she a keen gardener then?

Last night’s interview of Dick Cheney has to be seen to be believed. A war criminal humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Was she a keen gardener then?
    Oops wedding ring of course. Although it is about time a bit of weeding was done.....but I need my tea!

Didn’t anyone actually watch last night episode?

Well I thought it was very clever, very funny and most of all brave. I haven’t laughed at something on tv that much for a while. But by the end it’s quite scary to think how much influence these idiots have. And the group from Arizona at the end! I thought it was great TV.

It’s all opinions I guess.......

...except mine is right!

I thought it was funny.

Three people have not fallen for it. However two congressmen and a Vice President have shown themselves right up..
    https://twitter.com/cynicsanonymous/...404662272?s=21

Just watched the first episode. Very poor. Just watching the second episode. It’s hard to believe that someone in the House of Representatives can go around a room with his buttocks hanging out shouting USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched the first episode. Very poor. Just watching the second episode. It’s hard to believe that someone in the House of Representatives can go around a room with his buttocks hanging out shouting USA.
    Sadly, it isn't hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sadly, it isn't hard to believe.
    It’s pitiful although it seems the right wingers are the best at making themselves look like braindead morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What? why does it being a comedy tv show make a difference? The people he's interviewing aren't aware it's a comedy show, there's nothing stopping them from reacting in a negative way to his questions.

When filming Bruno they had to build a trap door into the mma ring they were using because the crowd started a riot and tried to get to them. There's a really good interview with him where he talks about situations like that he's been in.
    But they built a trap door. It would be "brave" if there was no trap door. I'm guessing there's security too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But they built a trap door. It would be "brave" if there was no trap door. I'm guessing there's security too.
    No, it would be "stupid" if they didn't build a trap door.

His mother used to own Calders the posh mens shop which was on Queen Street and then Duke Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Sacha Baron.jpg
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44949504