+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace after Grujic.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palace after Grujic.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They’re welcome to him. He’s not what’s needed in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    They’re welcome to him. He’s not what’s needed in midfield.
    What do you reckon is needed in midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    11 Gavin Rae's

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    11 Gavin Rae's
    Well, we all dream of a team of Gavin Raes.

But seriously, I think we're looking worryingly light in midfield. Grujic would be a boost as a player who can pass and put himself about a bit (though perhaps a bit too much). I think we could also do with an older head in midfield who has a bit more Premier League experience than anyone we have.

But seriously, I think we're looking worryingly light in midfield. Grujic would be a boost as a player who can pass and put himself about a bit (though perhaps a bit too much). I think we could also do with an older head in midfield who has a bit more Premier League experience than anyone we have.
    Him then:----

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...A-cQ_B0I3wEwFg

My preference would be player with the stature of Bamba or Morrison, a player with premiership experience, a player who can still command a midfield whether it be as a destroyer or a creator, preferably the latter. As I wrote a couple of months ago the right guy on a one year contract is a good deal if he is the difference between success and failure.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    My preference would be player with the stature of Bamba or Morrison, a player with premiership experience, a player who can still command a midfield whether it be as a destroyer or a creator, preferably the latter. As I wrote a couple of months ago the right guy on a one year contract is a good deal if he is the difference between success and failure.
    So you want a playmaker, that's 6 foot 3 with Premier League experience who can command the midfield? They play for top 4 clubs, not promoted sides.

Someone who can pass the ball to his own team mates and also a good D/M.

I heard that a certain Chile international could be available for about 4m.

Barry Bannon for me. Hard to get the ball off and a great eye for a pass.
    Spedger

We desperately need 2 Prem ready midfielders. We are looking very very lightweight there.

Or maybe they are not after him! Palace are also reported to be in talks with Chelsea’s Danny Drinkwater

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-from-west-ham

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    We need players in be middle who are going to be able to win the ball back from the opposition. We won’t have the ball a lot next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    We need players in be middle who are going to be able to win the ball back from the opposition. We won’t have the ball a lot next season.
    There's not much point winning the ball if we then give it straight back to the opposition - I agree Neil Warnock is a manager who values possession less than most, but even he was critical of our passing at times last season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's not much point winning the ball if we then give it straight back to the opposition - I agree Neil Warnock is a manager who values possession less than most, but even he was critical of our passing at times last season.
    I agree, we need someone that can put their foot on the ball, try and maintain some sort of control. Otherwise we'll have another season of Gunnar getting applauded for winning the ball back when he gave it away in the first place!

Yaya toure would be a dream signing

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Yaya toure would be a dream signing
    Harry Arter imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree, we need someone that can put their foot on the ball, try and maintain some sort of control. Otherwise we'll have another season of Gunnar getting applauded for winning the ball back when he gave it away in the first place!
    This is what I meant in my post, winning the ball back and keeping hold of it.

I hope the club are in control of the situation and it’s not causing a distraction. I’d prefer if we moved on.

I’m starting to worry a little that we are a couple of experienced premier league players short.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I hope the club are in control of the situation and it’s not causing a distraction. I’d prefer if we moved on.

I’m starting to worry a little that we are a couple of experienced premier league players short.
    I would assume that there will be one or two signings from left field.
    Defo time to move on from Grujic.

Alan Nixon has said on twitter that Palace aren't in for him.

At this point I think it'll either be us on loan, but very close to the end of the window, or he'll go permanently to someone in Italy.

Why don’t we see if pogba is available

Bit worrying as Neil doesn’t seem to have a plan ‘B’ in this department. Perhaps it’s a lot more difficult with Premier class players and if we were still a Championship club he’d have given Grujic a time scale, if he didn’t sign within it the next name would be sorted. Doesn’t look like there is a ‘next name’ as Warnock would surely have binned, not so much Grujic, but the agent involved in this deal. A sign that Neil, or us for that matter, carry the clout we had a division lower. We’re very thin on the ground in midfield & if we go with what we’ve got a few injuries & suspensions before January would be a killer. Trouble is the players’ agents know this so we may have to shell out a decent transfer fee or a huge loan package as the window draws near. Interesting times.

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit worrying as Neil doesn’t seem to have a plan ‘B’ in this department. Perhaps it’s a lot more difficult with Premier class players and if we were still a Championship club he’d have given Grujic a time scale, if he didn’t sign within it the next name would be sorted. Doesn’t look like there is a ‘next name’ as Warnock would surely have binned, not so much Grujic, but the agent involved in this deal. A sign that Neil, or us for that matter, carry the clout we had a division lower. We’re very thin on the ground in midfield & if we go with what we’ve got a few injuries & suspensions before January would be a killer. Trouble is the players’ agents know this so we may have to shell out a decent transfer fee or a huge loan package as the window draws near. Interesting times.
    We don’t know what NW has up his sleeve, who really foresaw the signings of Murphy and Reid?