+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palace after Grujic.

Re: Palace after Grujic.

Drink water on loan ? High wages I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Drink water on loan ? High wages I guess.
    love that but yep high we cant go there again with that strategy , I want the club to survive past one season, we are on the right business plan now, if we go down we go down with a half decent team who want to go back up as a a unit , and not going to sulk away , demand release or leave us with the burden of stupid wage contracts ,and that awful imbalance in the dressing room ,its about the team togetherness in my view,and NW has built that from bottom to top .

I'd love us to be his lasting legacy club .

If the guy delivers then nobody will worry about the wages, least of all the other players and the fans.
    But the guy has to deliver week in week out.

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit worrying as Neil doesn’t seem to have a plan ‘B’ in this department. Perhaps it’s a lot more difficult with Premier class players and if we were still a Championship club he’d have given Grujic a time scale, if he didn’t sign within it the next name would be sorted. Doesn’t look like there is a ‘next name’ as Warnock would surely have binned, not so much Grujic, but the agent involved in this deal. A sign that Neil, or us for that matter, carry the clout we had a division lower. We’re very thin on the ground in midfield & if we go with what we’ve got a few injuries & suspensions before January would be a killer. Trouble is the players’ agents know this so we may have to shell out a decent transfer fee or a huge loan package as the window draws near. Interesting times.
    We don’t know what NW has up his sleeve, who really foresaw the signings of Murphy and Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If the guy delivers then nobody will worry about the wages, least of all the other players and the fans.
    But the guy has to deliver week in week out.
    That's a statement as true for a player coming in to be our highest paid as it for a player coming in to be our lowest paid. Only one of these could be a noose round our neck if we go down next year.

I reckon we're four players short from having a competitive squad next year and the midfield does seem a weak area. We are going to need a bit of luck with injuries, a bit of Warnock magic and a good chunk of home advantage.

I'd rather Harry Arter or Dan Gosling. It's never going to happen but I'd also like us to sign Barry Bannan or Ryan Woods

I think Joe Ralls is an underrated passer of the ball, we definitely need more in midfield though. Grujic would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Two of these accurate passers ( see their percentage success )

Almen Abdi (Sheffield Wednesday): 92%

Danny Williams (Reading): 90%

Sam Hutchinson (Sheffield Wednesday): 90%

Michael Mancienne (Nottingham Forest): 88%
    Abdi and Hutchinson played 4 and 8 Championship games respectively for Weds. Williams left Reading at the end of the 16/17 season and played for Huddersfield last season.

Anyone begging to tire of this player, he's okay ,in our price range , but not to the extent of pinning our hopes on him , let's move on .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyone begging to tire of this player, he's okay ,in our price range , but not to the extent of pinning our hopes on him , let's move on .
    I was alluding to this in my post as I thought Warnock, being Warnock, would have binned the deal at the first sign of an auction while producing another signing of the same ilk. It’s gone on so long that it seems there is no 2nd choice & we’re pinning our midfield hopes on this one deal.

I was always of the opinion that we were doing Grujic a favour - not the other way around. I think it is time to move on if he's our only option for midfield.

I'm still hoping that Des is correct and that we're waiting for either Arter or Gosling to become available as I think these are more of the quality we are going to need. Perhaps we'll get both...

I'd have Grujic for the season.

However, didn't 'our Neil say that a decision would be made by Friday (20th July) about him?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'd have Grujic for the season.

However, didn't 'our Neil say that a decision would be made by Friday (20th July) about him?
    He did. But maybe the decision was to wait another week and see if we can seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was always of the opinion that we were doing Grujic a favour - not the other way around. I think it is time to move on if he's our only option for midfield.

I'm still hoping that Des is correct and that we're waiting for either Arter or Gosling to become available as I think these are more of the quality we are going to need. Perhaps we'll get both...

Current situation is that Liverpool want Grujic to sign a new deal before letting him go out on loan. His agent is holding things up as trying to engineer a better contract, whether at Liverpool or via a permanent transfer elsewhere. Liverpool want big money to let him go on a permanent deal, so can't see that happening.

There's no issue with the agreement between Cardiff/Liverpool/Gruijic. Liverpool want him out on loan in the UK and are happy for him to come to us, Grujic is happy to come to us.

This will all be finalised very soon I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Current situation is that Liverpool want Grujic to sign a new deal before letting him go out on loan. His agent is holding things up as trying to engineer a better contract, whether at Liverpool or via a permanent transfer elsewhere. Liverpool want big money to let him go on a permanent deal, so can't see that happening.

There's no issue with the agreement between Cardiff/Liverpool/Gruijic. Liverpool want him out on loan in the UK and are happy for him to come to us, Grujic is happy to come to us.

This will all be finalised very soon I'm sure.
    Thanks for clearing things up. Looks like Grujic will be signing soon.
    Warnock seems to suggest he wants another in midfield. Do you know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'd rather Harry Arter or Dan Gosling. It's never going to happen but I'd also like us to sign Barry Bannan or Ryan Woods
    Is he the Cilit Bang guy?