+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic sub for Liverpool

Grujic sub for Liverpool

Grujic came on after 62mins in the game against Man City earlier today. Not sure how he did. Klopp must be interested in maybe keeping him 🙄

Re: Grujic sub for Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Grujic came on after 62mins in the game against Man City earlier today. Not sure how he did. Klopp must be interested in maybe keeping him 🙄
    Or getting him to an acceptable level of fitness before loaning him out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Or getting him to an acceptable level of fitness before loaning him out.
    I rarely try to post something serious.
    I am convinced Marko will want to be playing for us.... maybe NOT against 'pool.
    He is a quality player and will be desperate to play whenever there are premiership games like all young players are.
    In truth there are so many breaks in the Premiership if he stays at Liverpool he will get seriously bored quickly after the excitement with us in the first 4 months of this year.

It makes sense for Kooky Kloppy to let him prove himself further with us.
    I rate Klopp so I think Marko will be with us early doors.

I literally don't give a flying duck anymore, this is turning into that chase we got involved in last year when Grabban was on the way , for gods Neil tell em duck off ,cant be the only midfielder in Europe whose looking for a chance to showcase himself .

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I rarely try to post something serious.
    I am convinced Marko will want to be playing for us.... maybe NOT against 'pool.
    He is a quality player and will be desperate to play whenever there are premiership games like all young players are.
    In truth there are so many breaks in the Premiership if he stays at Liverpool he will get seriously bored quickly after the excitement with us in the first 4 months of this year.

It makes sense for Kooky Kloppy to let him prove himself further with us.
    I rate Klopp so I think Marko will be with us early doors.

TBF TBG that's just a little unkind.

He looked pretty good and Liverpool dominated the last half an hour. He sat in the middle of the park, receiving the ball and playing good forward passes to Salah and Mane. It looked easy but it would be less controlled with our forward line.

Heard Salah and Mane are part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Heard Salah and Mane are part of the deal.
    Wrong message board.

Sub for Liverpool, Snub for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I literally don't give a flying duck anymore, this is turning into that chase we got involved in last year when Grabban was on the way , for gods Neil tell em duck off ,cant be the only midfielder in Europe whose looking for a chance to showcase himself .
    Grabban was never on the way.

Grujic is still very likely to happen as well as another midfielder. They're working hard to get them through the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Grujic is still very likely to happen as well as another midfielder. They're working hard to get them through the door.
    Is that both? I hope so, that would be excellent news.

Thanks Welshlad, nice to hear.

I hope there are 2 midfielders coming in.

Compared to last season we have lost (for now) Grujic, Bryson and Halford (although I suppose Halford was really a utility player who could do a job anywhere - including in goal!). We've also got back O'Keefe and given Waite a run out at Rotherham, but neither are First Team Squad players.

What I don't understand is how Warnock regards Reid and Patterson. Reid seems to be seen as either a striker (No 9 or No 10) or attacking midfielder, and Patterson (a real enigma) as a No 10, or an attacking midfielder, or as a defensive midfielder (as he was alongside Gunnar in the 2nd half at Rotherham). He may think they really are options in all those positions, or he may be looking at left-field ways of fitting players into the team if he can't use them in their preferred position, or it may be about finding emergency fixes because we are so light in midfield and haven't got deals over the line yet.

So, am I right in thinking that the original plan of a midfielder and a striker on loan has not been changed to two midfielders and no striker - we are still after one aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope there are 2 midfielders coming in.

Compared to last season we have lost (for now) Grujic, Bryson and Halford (although I suppose Halford was really a utility player who could do a job anywhere - including in goal!). We've also got back O'Keefe and given Waite a run out at Rotherham, but neither are First Team Squad players.

What I don't understand is how Warnock regards Reid and Patterson. Reid seems to be seen as either a striker (No 9 or No 10) or attacking midfielder, and Patterson (a real enigma) as a No 10, or an attacking midfielder, or as a defensive midfielder (as he was alongside Gunnar in the 2nd half at Rotherham). He may think they really are options in all those positions, or he may be looking at left-field ways of fitting players into the team if he can't use them in their preferred position, or it may be about finding emergency fixes because we are so light in midfield and haven't got deals over the line yet.
    Reid is a 10, that can play up front. I think! Paterson is someone that can play off the front but he looked lost in centre mid on Wednesday, although we've both said that he wasn't the only one elsewhere. Still, we've lost Bryson and Grujic, so I'd hope we get a Bryson replacement even if we get Marko back. I suppose you could shoe horn Reid into midfield but you could create another problem by fixing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Reid is a 10, that can play up front. I think! .
    Think he played as a so-called false No.9 for the wurzels last season when his goal-tally sky-rocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, am I right in thinking that the original plan of a midfielder and a striker on loan has not been changed to two midfielders and no striker - we are still after one aren't we?
    Yes.

Grujic, plus 2 more. 1 Striker/1 Midfielder, both with good solid prem experience. Striker is more difficult and probably go to the wire as everyone trying to sell rather than loan. A striker with good solid prem experience is going to cost £££, so loan is preferable. Not to say we won't buy if we really need too as we get towards the deadline!

I thought we re-signed Bryson

Edit: just read we haven’t. I thought it was a done deal at the time

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought we re-signed Bryson

Edit: just read we haven’t. I thought it was a done deal at the time
    Yes I read we had a 1.5m bid accepted but working with a Derby fan he was always certain Bryson was never going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Think he played as a so-called false No.9 for the wurzels last season when his goal-tally sky-rocketed.
    Excuse my ignorance , what is a false number 9,and does he play with Zohore or instead of him?

He doesn't appear to be in much of an hurry to get back ere. I'm hoping City have a few more players in the pipeline which are showing a little more interest in putting on our blue shirt.

He was interviewed on Sky Sports this morning and he didn't seem too bothered about coming to us. Just talked about his contract and how he's enjoying being with the squad in America and when asked about Cardiff just gave the usual "we'll see" response. I'd say move on and bring in the other target Warnock was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    He was interviewed on Sky Sports this morning and he didn't seem too bothered about coming to us. Just talked about his contract and how he's enjoying being with the squad in America and when asked about Cardiff just gave the usual "we'll see" response. I'd say move on and bring in the other target Warnock was talking about.
    I agree. Move on.