+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Betis

Betis

Some of you will be bored shitless next week

Check out @ThatGooner’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ThatGooner/statu...657892353?s=09

Re: Betis

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Some of you will be bored shitless next week

Check out @ThatGooner’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ThatGooner/statu...657892353?s=09
    They look like a decent side but i wouldn't say their passing and moving drew Marseille out of their mid-block in the first video, it was a sloppy pass which triggered the striker to chase after a ball (was this the right decision and was it right for team to follow in that instance?) and that drew out the mid-block. Passing and moving then allowed them to play though as tweet says.

Be a good test for us, they'll be better at doing what a lot of Prem sides will do so we'll have to play well.

I'm surprised nobody bigger has taken a punt on Setien. He's done good jobs and the football they play is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Be a good test for us, they'll be better at doing what a lot of Prem sides will do so we'll have to play well.

I'm surprised nobody bigger has taken a punt on Setien. He's done good jobs and the football they play is great.
    I agree. He's playing unbelievable football with limited players. Very similar to Sarri.

I was reading about him no long ago and apparently what inspired him was playing against a Cruyff team back in the day and he hated it cos he was absolutely bolloxed after the game so he vowed to play that way as a manager.

Is that guys picture Aaron Ramsey kissing the Betis badge? Cos he’s an arsenal and Betis fan

We will thrash em , Patterson hat trick ,two for Madine

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    They look like a decent side but i wouldn't say their passing and moving drew Marseille out of their mid-block in the first video, it was a sloppy pass which triggered the striker to chase after a ball (was this the right decision and was it right for team to follow in that instance?) and that drew out the mid-block. Passing and moving then allowed them to play though as tweet says.
    They got lucky on more than one occasion with the ball bobbling away from tackles to a Betis defender rather than a Marseille attacker

Aren't Betis the Spanish football hipster team of choice at the moment with Las Palmas?