+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Real Betis-All Fur coat and no Knickers.

Real Betis-All Fur coat and no Knickers.

Yes, I know it was a friendly, so probably not a true representation of the intensity that they play at, although i'm sure that their tactics and style wouldn't change dramatically over a season. They were kings of possession, but lets face it, nearly everyone is against us. I couldn't believe the spaces that they were leaving between the defence and midfield, or the way they gave the ball away so cheaply at times, and the opportunities we had (should've scored 4) they're great on the eye, but a good counter attacking team would hit them hard, I bet that they shift some goals. Reminded me of a boxer with skills, switch hitting etc, but very little defence. As for us, we did ok, tried to play a bit more. I thought that Morrison and Manga looked good, as did Bennett, and that Bobby Reid looked intelligent on the ball. Murphy was positive, maybe needs that little bit of composure on the ball when he has time to look up (a problem with so many wide players) I wasn't discouraged by yesterdays performance, we played with a little more intelligence in the right areas. A midfielder is a must though, Ralls is a good player but lacks that speed of thought in my opinion.

Re: Real Betis-All Fur coat and no Knickers.

I think Ralls is a starter and needs two new midfielders with him.

Well they beat Real Madrid at the Bernabau so they can't be that bad

& they had few starters playing and most of them played against Bournemouth 24 hours beforehand, so only really representative of style rather than quality. I agree that they cut through the midfield far to easy and were vulnerable to the counter attack.

We'll find out against Bournemouth. Personally I think we're a lot better than we're given credit for. We could easily go through the first 3 games without losing .... thereafter !!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Well they beat Real Madrid at the Bernabau so they can't be that bad
    Yes , cant be easy finishing top 6 in La Liga ,think they beat Seville very well and there decent .

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & they had few starters playing and most of them played against Bournemouth 24 hours beforehand, so only really representative of style rather than quality. I agree that they cut through the midfield far to easy and were vulnerable to the counter attack.

We'll find out against Bournemouth. Personally I think we're a lot better than we're given credit for. We could easily go through the first 3 games without losing .... thereafter !!!
    Yes I thought we were decent, particularly second half. Several players will step up easily
    Bennett
    Morrison
    Manga
    Bamba
    Hoilett
    Murphy
    Ralls

So we have a good spine already.