+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arter

Arter

Surely sky have got it wrong, seems a bit late in the day to be asking for him on loan, on the day before the window closes, seems to me we are a lot further along than just asking

Re: Arter

Radio five just said it's a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Radio five just said it's a done deal
    Sounds good if it’s on there

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Sounds good if it’s on there
    He's quality and will be hungry and moving to a much bigger club

5 live only saying that we want to sign him on loan, Bournemouth digging their heels as they want to sell for £10m

It makes you laugh doesn't it , five minutes ago they said it was pen to paper

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    5 live only saying that we want to sign him on loan, Bournemouth digging their heels as they want to sell for £10m
    Radio Wales now saying the same thing.

Makes sense as they'll want to recoup some of dosh paid on a replacement midfielder.

If the fans are to be believed, there were issues between Arter and Howe and there was upset in his personal life. I'd like to see him here, but p'raps he will be pinched by another club. But £10m for a 28-y-o who was only on the fringes of Bournemouth's team last season is a bit salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Makes sense as they'll want to recoup some of dosh paid on a replacement midfielder.

If the fans are to be believed, there were issues between Arter and Howe and there was upset in his personal life. I'd like to see him here, but p'raps he will be pinched by another club. But £10m for a 28-y-o who was only on the fringes of Bournemouth's team last season is a bit salty.

Personally I think 10 million for a 28 yo player with nearly 70 games experience in the Premier League in a position we are desperate for some quality in is not so much of a bad price. The way city do these things is typically 60% up front and the rest depending on staying up / appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Personally I think 10 million for a 28 yo player with nearly 70 games experience in the Premier League in a position we are desperate for some quality in is not so much of a bad price. The way city do these things is typically 60% up front and the rest depending on staying up / appearances.
    Agreed.

They are paying for the Colombian guy over the term if his four year deal I heard, surely we can do the same with Arter then? Rather sign him than loan him

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    If we paid £5-6m for Madine, £10m for Arter isn't outrageous by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He doesn't want to come here it seems,

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exc...094523521.html
    I wouldn't read into that article too much.

Bollox ....... I was really hoping he was gonna join us

Not that surprising. He'll be waiting for Watford or Newcastle to come in for him. At 4pm today when the phone hasn't rung he'll change his mind.

Well he can duck off then .

On a more constructive note ,I have always felt that English based players are not keen on Cardiff and it's location, and I'm guessing he and others are looking at it and thinking ,eeek long way from home , I will be in a season loong struggle , could go down.

Best we stick with ge Celts, who are much keener and grittier and like us , and our Welshness.

"Best we stick with ge Celts"

I thought he was Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    "Best we stick with ge Celts"

I thought he was Irish?
    He's Ashley Williams Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    Not that surprising. He'll be waiting for Watford or Newcastle to come in for him. At 4pm today when the phone hasn't rung he'll change his mind.
    Just been on Bournemouth's MB and they seem to think he'd rather stay and fight for his place in the team

So Arter is a non Starter.

Sky say the deal is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Sky say the deal is off.
    Back in for Woods from Brentford as back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Sky say the deal is off.
    Sky copy everyone else.

After deal still on?