+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas

Very good, superbly attended victory parade for the G. In the bay and Cardiff castle this afternoon. Well deserved too.

Hopefully, the road closures weren’t too upsetting.

Re: Geraint Thomas

Great turn out. I chatted to a bloke (about 60 ish) outside the castle. He'd cycled down from Gloucester to see him and is cycling back this evening.
    If I have one complaint about the road closures it was that pedestrians were walking 3 or 4 abreast holding up the cyclists.

Is he having a parade at the Emirates?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No.

Did he have one as the CCS?

It’s not compulsory that being born in Cardiff he has to support City. Such a thing as freedom of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It’s not compulsory that being born in Cardiff he has to support City. Such a thing as freedom of choice.
    Your point is? I didn’t mention anything about supporting The City, I was wondering if Arsenal were doing anything in his honour as he’s quite up front about his love for them. He’s a bit different to the likes of Joe Cordina who entered the ring last weekend in a City dressing gown & proudly wore the badge of his home town club on his shorts. But there you go it takes all sorts, I do know whose take on football supporting I’d prefer though👍

International

Whoooosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No.

Did he have one as the CCS?
    Why would he dress up as a stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Great turn out. I chatted to a bloke (about 60 ish) outside the castle. He'd cycled down from Gloucester to see him and is cycling back this evening.
    If I have one complaint about the road closures it was that pedestrians were walking 3 or 4 abreast holding up the cyclists.
    Good. Bloody cyclists. Pain in the arse. Think they own the road yet dont pay any road tax.

In my book if you like football you support your local home town club .
    Bloody lycra wearing plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Good. Bloody cyclists. Pain in the arse. Think they own the road yet dont pay any road tax.
    Neither do pedestrians or vehicle owners for that matter.

Why would he dress up as a stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Neither do pedestrians or vehicle owners for that matter.
    I think youll find that vehicle owners do pay for road tax and should therefore be more entitled that cyclists.

Your point is? I didn’t mention anything about supporting The City, I was wondering if Arsenal were doing anything in his honour as he’s quite up front about his love for them. He’s a bit different to the likes of Joe Cordina who entered the ring last weekend in a City dressing gown & proudly wore the badge of his home town club on his shorts. But there you go it takes all sorts, I do know whose take on football supporting I’d prefer though��
    Inference.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In my book if you like football you support your local home town club .
    Bloody lycra wearing plastic
    But it's not compulsory, each to their own. And there are plenty around the Country who support Clubs outside their area who regularly go to games.

Inference.
    As I said, ‘Takes all sorts! but I know what type of person I prefer. Especially ones who play on the ‘Welsh’ thing when it suits.

So if Cardiff City invited him down the stadium to walk around the pitch, you'd turn your back on him because he likes Arsenal and not Cardiff City? Despite what he has just achieved?

Pain in the arse. Think they own the road yet dont pay any road tax.
    Just like (insert European country here) lorry drivers

I think youll find that vehicle owners do pay for road tax and should therefore be more entitled that cyclists.
    The idea of petrol guzzling, rage ridden, planet destroyers being “entitled” to anything is laughable. You are the scorn of existence.

Wise up and get on your bike....

Stop parking in bike lanes while you’re at it.

So if Cardiff City invited him down the stadium to walk around the pitch, you'd turn your back on him because he likes Arsenal and not Cardiff City? Despite what he has just achieved?
    No I would not ,I would applaud his remarkable effort.

I'm sure his prefred walkaround gig , would probaly be in North London .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No I would not ,I would applaud his remarkable effort.

I'm sure his prefred walkaround gig , would probaly be in North London .
    Of course it would, he’d most probably ride his push bike to North London. I would applaud him, it was a great achievement but I would be wondering what the f*ck he was doing down the City when he has no affiliation to us. Anyway let’s get down to Bournemouth and not by bike👍

Of course it would, he’d most probably ride his push bike to North London. I would applaud him, it was a great achievement but I would be wondering what the f*ck he was doing down the City when he has no affiliation to us. Anyway let’s get down to Bournemouth and not by bike��
    I wouldn’t clap him, Welsh Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Odd thing to call him as I've rarely seen a sportsman so obviously passionate about being Welsh. The fact that he supports an English football team doesn't make him any less Welsh in all the things that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    How can he be described as a Welsh Plastic? As far as I can see he is a very, very proud Welsh man. He has the Welsh flag around him as often as he can. It was hardly his fault they played God save the Queen after he won the TDF. He has done more for Wales than the vast majority of this country.

How can he be described as a Welsh Plastic? As far as I can see he is a very, very proud Welsh man. He has the Welsh flag around him as often as he can. It was hardly his fault they played God save the Queen after he won the TDF. He has done more for Wales than the vast majority of this country.
    Yes , he's one of those Welsh Cardiff sports fans that don't recognise Cardiff City as it's not the done thing, where rugger and cricket are much more appropriate to ones character building ,if you do have a liking of soccer then best to chose a nice posh club.