Cardiff

Re: What was the point in signing Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    answers on a postcode
    to
    Neil Warnock
    CCFC Stadium
    Cardiff
    We hoped he'd want to get fit and act like a professional to use the undoubted talent he has, but it didn't work out.

answers on a postcode
    to
    Neil Warnock
    CCFC Stadium
    Cardiff
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42217978

A lot of folk , and one of the most knowledgeable managers in the business , thought he'd be a true professional and add value , delivering the undoubted skills he has , turns out he's a worthless individual , so please direct your comments directly to him, and ask "Why did he decide not to deliver "

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A lot of folk , and one of the most knowledgeable managers in the business , thought he'd be a true professional and add value , delivering the undoubted skills he has , turns out he's a worthless individual , so please direct your comments directly to him, and ask "Why did he decide not to deliver "

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not entirely true. Warnock look to sign these players hoping to turn them around. Mostly works, but the odd misfit won’t be turned. Gamble, didn’t work. Move on..

Thought he didn't settle here cos his family stayed put in Leicester- hence why he was much happier when he went to Forest last season.

Trouble is he got a hefty pay rise when we got promoted so even Forest can't afford to loan him.I suppose we'll have to stump up more money to make a deal possible because I can't see anyone else paying more.Feckin Wurzuls revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thought he didn't settle here cos his family stayed put in Leicester- hence why he was much happier when he went to Forest last season.
    See earlier post about acting professionally. If he needed his family here to perform then he should have moved them down. If he was serious about really making a go of the move he would have moved them down.

He’s be out on loan before the end of the month.

Always looked decent to me when he made his brief cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    See earlier post about acting professionally. If he needed his family here to perform then he should have moved them down. If he was serious about really making a go of the move he would have moved them down.
    A move that benefited his agent and him financially.

Who is his agent?

answers on a postcode
    to
    Neil Warnock
    CCFC Stadium
    Cardiff
    Another question for you - what is the point of continually going over this again and again ?. Not every player a club signs can be a success. If NW thinks he isnt good enough or doesnt fit in, then thats good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    He’s be out on loan before the end of the month.

Always looked decent to me when he made his brief cameos.
    Can't see him moving abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Canvey Island F.C. maybe

FL clubs can bring in loans until 31st Aug, no?
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Forest.

He's a tosser

answers on a postcode
    to
    Neil Warnock
    CCFC Stadium
    Cardiff
    Anyone who looked at his cv would have seen he had had 4 transfers / moves in four years?
    He was a really poor signing and he has treated us like his previous 3 clubs

It was a gamble. It didn't come off. Some don't.

He clearly has bundles of skill, but not the fitness or application Warnock wanted in the Championship - let alone the Premier League.

Time to move on and recoup what we can.

I always admired and disliked Tomlin in equal measure - from Peterborough onwards. I still remember that dive he took for Bristol City season before last that conned the ref into giving Whitts a yellow card.

Wasted talent - but not a player I ever warmed to.

I thought clubs in the championship etc could still sign and loan players up until end of the month ?

Update. I stand corrected.

answers on a postcode
    to
    Neil Warnock
    CCFC Stadium
    Cardiff
    He has talent, just chooses not to bother moving house or trying to better himself on the pitch. A classic case of putting in a shift when a new contract is required, then going back to doing f all.

Never given a proper chance here.

Did well in the few opportunities he was given.

Cardiff fans dont appreciate good footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He has talent, just chooses not to bother moving house or trying to better himself on the pitch. A classic case of putting in a shift when a new contract is required, then going back to doing f all.
    Tomlin had a house in Cardiff, he's said so. Lots of footballers have two houses, so they don't uproot their families when they move. Matt Connolly lived in Bushy near Watford for ages, he might still do. Tomlin is a good player, with a dubious work rate who contributed at times last season. We wouldn't have got a point, or beaten Norwich without him. That's 4 points he won, and without them we'd have stayed down.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Never given a proper chance here.

Did well in the few opportunities he was given.

Cardiff fans dont appreciate good footballers.
    Do you genuinely believe NW didn't want him to succeed? The whole squad would want to play, but Tomlin had ability the others don't so why on earth would NW not pick him if he felt he could contribute?

If Tomlin didn't play it's because he wasn't prepared to put the effort in to displace one of the other players IMO.

In the few games leading up till Xmas he was on the bench but didn’t even take part in the warm ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Do you genuinely believe NW didn't want him to succeed? The whole squad would want to play, but Tomlin had ability the others don't so why on earth would NW not pick him if he felt he could contribute?

If Tomlin didn't play it's because he wasn't prepared to put the effort in to displace one of the other players IMO.
    I would generally agree with that statement, but I will reserve judgement.

Camarasa (apparently), is a very good midfield player who not only holds the ball up well, but also loves supporting the front players and having goal attempts himself.

We really do not have an existing midfield player with those qualities and also struggle to score goals, but will he spend most of his time on the bench ? I say all this because Tomlinson arrived as the "playmaker" we had been lacking.
    However, right from the start Warnock did not play him much and I believe it is because those skills and attributes are not in Warnock's requirements - hence he would prefer Bamba as his midfield player.

I hope I am wrong but if Warnock believes that a team of battlers giving 100% is the answer, then we will be a long way off remaining in the Premiership.

Favourites to be relegated by many does not worry me, providing we attempt to play in the right manner.