+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loads of empty seats today!!!

Re: Loads of empty seats today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    it was your first home game back in the premier league in years , it should have been packed to the rafters , regardless of it been televised ,

you might as well given the newcastle fans the ground and stuck the cardiff fans in the away end .
    Unless I have missed something, people are unable to be in two places at once when they are on holiday. You should know this more than most, as you are in Merthyr and the team you are supposed to support but rarely watch are in Leeds - whats your excuse ?. Also our ground holds 33200, so was at 92% capacity. Leeds attendance today was 33669, with a capacity of 37890 i.e. 89% capacity - not good for the best supported team in Europe is it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Unless I have missed something, people are unable to be in two places at once when they are on holiday. You should know this more than most, as you are in Merthyr and the team you are supposed to support but rarely watch are in Leeds - whats your excuse ?.
    i am not from merthyr fella and your support is laughable people on holiday etc, if leeds were playing at home in the premier league for the first time in years , you would not get a ticket for love nor money . .

its apathy fella, because many fans know that you will be fighting a relegation battle from day one , i do actually hope you stay up, but the passion for football in south wales is nothing like the passion for rugby

it was your first home game back in the premier league in years , it should have been packed to the rafters , regardless of it been televised ,

you might as well given the newcastle fans the ground and stuck the cardiff fans in the away end .
    That would be the same Newcastle who failed to sell out their allocation by 400 seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That would be the same Newcastle who failed to sell out their allocation by 400 seats!
    you wont take anything like what newcastle brought to cardiff , even if they were giving tickets away do me a favour .

you wont take anything like what newcastle brought to cardiff , even if they were giving tickets away do me a favour .
    You know nothing - watch and learn.

i am not from merthyr fella and your support is laughable people on holiday etc, if leeds were playing at home in the premier league for the first time in years , you would not get a ticket for love nor money . .

its apathy fella, because many fans know that you will be fighting a relegation battle from day one , i do actually hope you stay up, but the passion for football in south wales is nothing like the passion for rugby
    How many years exactly is it since Leeds were in the Premier League - please enlighten us all. If you spent as much time actually watching 'your' team as you do on here and stopped posting such utter rubbish you might get a bit more sympathetic treatment. On second thoughts - no you wouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You know nothing - watch and learn.
    your away support is shocking always as been , you averaged a thousand fans away last season and you got promoted , if that does not tell you something nothing ever will . see how many leeds fans turn up at swansea on tuesday night and they are live on sky once again , third time in four games by the way , then you will see the best away support in this country by a country mile. . you watch and learn fella,

your away support is shocking always as been , you averaged a thousand fans away last season and you got promoted , if that does not tell you something nothing ever will . see how many leeds fans turn up at swansea on tuesday night and they are live on sky once again , third time in four games by the way , then you will see the best away support in this country by a country mile. . you watch and learn fella,
    Don't be a dick two other clubs I hate , united and Liverpool have the best away followings in the country

It wasn't shocking when we took 5000 to Scunthorpe in the old division three you fat Merthyr idiot

Some people turn out in their tens of thousands to watch Barry Manilow.

Others watch the shambles that is Leeds Utd in the lower leagues.

Call me nuts but I wouldn’t waste my money on either.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It wasn't shocking when we took 5000 to Scunthorpe in the old division three you fat Merthyr idiot
    oh dear get the violins out :

the away support of cardiff is garbage its been proven for donkeys years , its either too expensive , too far, we are all on holiday , the cats got fleas , there is a special offer on at asda . the full nine yards . you wont average 2,000 all season even if clubs were giving you tickets for nowt.

oh dear get the violins out :

its either too expensive , too far, we are all on holiday , the cats got fleas , there is a special offer on at asda .
    Are these your excuses for not attending Leeds games?

Chris the Leeds fan joins in and so the thread becomes the normal defence of the club against his "banter", but I was surprised, and a little disappointed, at the number of empty seats in the ground. Too early to draw definite conclusions yet, but my guesses are that we have quite a few season ticket holders who were either on holiday, stayed away to watch it on the telly or are only interested in actually attending when one of the top six sides come to Cardiff City Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Some people turn out in their tens of thousands to watch Barry Manilow.

Others watch the shambles that is Leeds Utd in the lower leagues.

Call me nuts but I wouldn’t waste my money on either.
    Not when you can watch the Brazil ‘70 esque total football of Neil’s Warnock’s Cardiff eh?

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Not when you can watch the Brazil ‘70 esque total football of Neil’s Warnock’s Cardiff eh?
    Seems your lot didn't have an answer for Tony Pulis' brand of "total-football" yesterday. Many on your forum complaining about the pointless tippy-tappy football you play within your own half. Middlesbrough didn't need to break sweat against you lot, they just stood there watching with bemusement as you played aimless balls all afternoon and then they hit you, with their effective directness - in the same way another ex-Championship side played last season....

I wouldn't be surprised - seeing that you lot are a bunch of lazy scum living on the dole and off benefits ...... so that's all you lot have got to look forward to is your shitty football - now jog on and leave us Cardiff fans continue the debate

You stupid Welsh clown. Go and fester on some other messageboard.

That would have been silly as the biggest gaps were actually in the Newcastle end.

Besides the expensive hospitality seats the home sections were virtually sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Chris the Leeds fan joins in and so the thread becomes the normal defence of the club against his "banter", but I was surprised, and a little disappointed, at the number of empty seats in the ground. Too early to draw definite conclusions yet, but my guesses are that we have quite a few season ticket holders who were either on holiday, stayed away to watch it on the telly or are only interested in actually attending when one of the top six sides come to Cardiff City Stadium.
    Yes, lots of odd seats in the Family Stand which was ‘sold out’ months ago.

I can’t believe they were all on holiday.

When these seats are so cheap then I’d bet there were a few who bought them just to see the top sides

On a more generous note, maybe some of the kids had morning football and couldn’t make it.

I bet they won’t be empty in 2 weeks for Arsenal

Don’t know where you get the idea about more passion for the egg in South Wales fella,there’s plenty of six week supporters when the internationals come along but never go near a game apart from that,more people both watch the round ball and play the game,in every part of Wales than chase the egg.

No - you said that Cardiff wouldnt take as many to Newcastle later in the season than Newcastle brought down yesterday - about 2000 by the way. So lets just wait and see. If you are such a big club how come you havent been in the Prem for 14 years and how come your stadium isnt full every week ?. Dont expect you to answer these questions, because you never do. Swansea's ground only holds 20000 by the way, so dont know how you expect to fill their ground with an allocation of 2000

Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Don’t know where you get the idea about more passion for the egg in South Wales fella,there’s plenty of six week supporters when the internationals come along but never go near a game apart from that,more people both watch the round ball and play the game,in every part of Wales than chase the egg.
    His passion is fishing , eating pies and catching the Leeds score. He would get home and watch them on MOTD but they havent been on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was also surprised at the number of empty seats in the ground - especially in the Ninian Stand. Initially, I thought it was a maybe a traffic issue given the early kick-off time, but it soon became apparent that wasn't the case. No doubt holidays were a factor, but it was a puzzle all the same as most of the empty seats must belong to season tickets holders I'd guess.

After the game, I was talking to a mate who was sat in the upper tier of the Ninian Stand. He reckoned he paid £42 for his ticket. Is that right? Seems steep to me, I was under the impression that tickets were a good bit cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was also surprised at the number of empty seats in the ground - especially in the Ninian Stand. Initially, I thought it was a maybe a traffic issue given the early kick-off time, but it soon became apparent that wasn't the case. No doubt holidays were a factor, but it was a puzzle all the same as most of the empty seats must belong to season tickets holders I'd guess.

After the game, I was talking to a mate who was sat in the upper tier of the Ninian Stand. He reckoned he paid £42 for his ticket. Is that right? Seems steep to me, I was under the impression that tickets were a good bit cheaper than that.
    Yes the Lower Ninian is sold out for season tickets. Didn’t see any empty ones near us and also yes, £40 plus £1 booking fee and £1 admin or some other crap for middle tier seats - not sure of top tier.

Seems a bit steep to me and really not necessary with the TV money coming in