+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves fans complaining yet again ...

Wolves fans complaining yet again ...

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index..../vardy.205960/

I just thought I'd peruse their forum, to see what they're saying about their early season form.

It's like nothing has changed on there... complaining of dirty play by the opposition, some suggesting they'll probably go on to beat Manchester City - as it's "the Wolves way of doing things" (their words, not mine!) and they still see themselves as top 6 material, even after their somewhat disappointing two opening games.

Anyway, I thought I'd check out Vardy's straight red. Ignore the commentary, what do you think? I honestly believe that Vardy goes in very determined and hard BUT wins the ball. Without being biased, (I admit to disliking Wolves) do you think they (Wolves fans) have a valid argument? Perhaps such a limited side as Leicester, who could never really hope to win anything in the game, were just blatantly trying to stop Wolves play their beautiful, flowing game by any way they could?

Re: Wolves fans complaining yet again ...

TBH I thought the red card was a bit harsh ........ BUT seeing how reckless he went in for the challenge you can't blame the ref !!!! He clearly won the ball but he follow through with intent

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Tbf the ref didn’t have much of a choice. I thought Vardy went for ball first but decided to leave his foot in to make his mark so to speak

I watched MOTD last night and tbh I thought they were very unlucky ...... hit the post 3 times and should have scored a few in open play !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I watched MOTD last night and tbh I thought they were very unlucky ...... hit the post 3 times and should have scored a few in open play !!!!!
    Arter made the point that the first point for a newly promoted side is the hardest to achieve but the same could be said for the first win. All the promoted sides need to learn how to take the lead and hold onto it, and despite Wolves playing well in both games they have not yet achieved that despite twice playing against 10 men over a combined 74 (plus added time) minutes.

Could it be that Wolves aren't quite as good as their fans make out?
    Shirley knot.

Vardy’s Red was deserved. It was completely out of control and he threw himself into it.

I think launching yourself like that is considered ‘excessive force’ these days regardless of whether you get the ball first.

You don’t see many more clear reds than that ffs.

Red all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think launching yourself like that is considered ‘excessive force’ these days regardless of whether you get the ball first.
    Except if you're the England goalie?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That was a strange one. I thought it was a fair challenge at first, but then I pictured an outfield player making the same challenge it becomes an instant red in my eyes.

Don't know why myself and, seemingly, many others made that same misjudgement of it because it was a 'keeper making the challenge, it shouldn't have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Any young football enthusiast with a sadistic persuasion should seriously think of becoming a professional footballer.... in goals.
    It seems you are bullet proof as a goalkeeper.

Chris Kamara and guest Carvalhal are even defending Pickford

Vardy's, twenty years ago, would have been something he would have been given a bonus for from his manager. Mark Hughes made a living out of it.
    To the letter of the law these days, straight red no question. Got the ball but endangered the opponent.
    If Vardy was Hughes's build, instead of 8 stone soaking wet, that could have been a career ender.

I think Citys fans should cease using the term TBF, when discussing anything regarding manafactured Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index..../vardy.205960/

I just thought I'd peruse their forum, to see what they're saying about their early season form.

It's like nothing has changed on there... complaining of dirty play by the opposition, some suggesting they'll probably go on to beat Manchester City - as it's "the Wolves way of doing things" (their words, not mine!) and they still see themselves as top 6 material, even after their somewhat disappointing two opening games.

Anyway, I thought I'd check out Vardy's straight red. Ignore the commentary, what do you think? I honestly believe that Vardy goes in very determined and hard BUT wins the ball. Without being biased, (I admit to disliking Wolves) do you think they (Wolves fans) have a valid argument? Perhaps such a limited side as Leicester, who could never really hope to win anything in the game, were just blatantly trying to stop Wolves play their beautiful, flowing game by any way they could?

Much as I dislike Wolves’ sense of entitlement, just the still of the video shows that is a penalty.

I also thought that the highlights made Wolves look really unlucky but I don’t particularly want to see them do well partly due to the way that they have gone about things.