+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOADS OF FULL SEATS YESTERDAY

Re: LOADS OF FULL SEATS YESTERDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Just like there wont be any empty seats at the Etihad when Man. City play Man. Utd, Liverpool et al, unlike today.

But of course, you're only making a point about football fans in general, not specifically Cardiff City fans
    Did you see the empty seats at the Man. City game today, there were plenty for the Champs. first home game, it`s a fact of life in August.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Some of you are so precious these days.....

Nobody in the other thread is complaining. It's just an observation. There were indeed plenty of seats in the stadium yesterday. Anybody with a pair of eyes in their head could see that. It's not a negative. It's just a little surprising, that's all.

If anybody wanted to be negative they could simply talk about the game.
    When you say 'plenty of seats' how many do you mean - 5000, 10000 ?. I definitely have two eyes in my head and I saw an almost full ground with a block of empty seats next to the Newcastle fans. Only you could twist a thread about how full the ground was into a negative. You are yet another person who criticises support without actually being in the ground. I saw and heard it first hand - you didnt - end of.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Most people will be back by then won’t they, kids start school the next day ffs... don’t let this spoil you’re agenda......
    Agenda? Dear me.....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    When you say 'plenty of seats' how many do you mean - 5000, 10000 ?. I definitely have two eyes in my head and I saw an almost full ground with a block of empty seats next to the Newcastle fans. Only you could twist a thread about how full the ground was into a negative. You are yet another person who criticises support without actually being in the ground. I saw and heard it first hand - you didnt - end of.
    That's it, end of sports. dml1954 has spoken. The ground was almost full. Anyone who claims to have seen lots of empty either at the ground or on the television coverage was imagining it. You have been told.

I thought it was a really good atmosphere (until the sending off, when we couldn't get the ball back) and it was close to full. Looked that way from the canton anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I saw plenty of empty seats all around the ground. There were lots of them in what passes for the Directors Box these days for a start, lots of gaps in the Family Stand, in the Grandstand, the Canton Stand looked pretty full and I find it hard to judge the Ninian Stand because it's hard to get a good view of it when you're sat in it. Yes, there were people who were on holiday and there were those who gave the match a miss because it was televised, but there'll be people still on holiday when we play Arsenal and that will be on the telly - somehow I doubt that there'll be as many empty seats though and yet I bet you they'll be back for when we play Burnley in a televised match. There will be 30,000 plus people in the ground for some games this season and that's impressive for a club of our size, but I'm sure we have quite a few season ticket holders who live locally and will see no more than, say, a half of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw plenty of empty seats all around the ground. There were lots of them in what passes for the Directors Box these days for a start, lots of gaps in the Family Stand, in the Grandstand, the Canton Stand looked pretty full and I find it hard to judge the Ninian Stand because it's hard to get a good view of it when you're sat in it. Yes, there were people who were on holiday and there were those who gave the match a miss because it was televised, but there'll be people still on holiday when we play Arsenal and that will be on the telly - somehow I doubt that there'll be as many empty seats though and yet I bet you they'll be back for when we play Burnley in a televised match. There will be 30,000 plus people in the ground for some games this season and that's impressive for a club of our size, but I'm sure we have quite a few season ticket holders who live locally and will see no more than, say, a half of our games.
    Why on earth would someone buy a season ticket and miss half the games? Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why on earth would someone buy a season ticket and miss half the games? Crazy!
    My guess is that their attendance at games has a lot to do with who we're playing.

Some of you are so precious these days.....

Nobody in the other thread is complaining. It's just an observation. There were indeed plenty of seats in the stadium yesterday. Anybody with a pair of eyes in their head could see that. It's not a negative. It's just a little surprising, that's all.

If anybody wanted to be negative they could simply talk about the game.
    Your bitterness toward the club and it’s fans is eating away at you. You are slowly turning into a laughing stock on here. You’ve neither the balls or the personality, to back down on your well documented one man stand against Tan, even though you are desperate to go back.

All someone stated was that there were quite a few empty seats, an observation if you will. Some people on here are almost evangelical in their responses, sanctimonious arseholes. It's a bit like that sketch from the life of Brian when that old bloke is about to get stoned to death for saying 'Jehovah' and the baying crowd who don't really care, but pretend to.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Did you see the empty seats at the Man. City game today, there were plenty for the Champs. first home game, it`s a fact of life in August.
    Err, that's my exact point.

I wonder if there will be same percentage of empty seats when Arsenal come to town in a couple of weeks? What do you reckon?
    Who gives a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who gives a shit?
    Good question.

That's it, end of sports. dml1954 has spoken. The ground was almost full. Anyone who claims to have seen lots of empty either at the ground or on the television coverage was imagining it. You have been told.
    There were plenty of empty seats, people are away, some watched on Sky, plenty of others have bought tickets for the big games and Newcastle isn't that attractive to them, they've probably paid out to watch Liverpool, United etc. I don't care, that's their business. Let's be honest about this, our support has nearly doubled in just over a few months, there are going to be people who aren't massive fans who are going to buy a season ticket for the top games, It's a non story.

Your bitterness toward the club and it’s fans is eating away at you. You are slowly turning into a laughing stock on here. You’ve neither the balls or the personality, to back down on your well documented one man stand against Tan, even though you are desperate to go back.
    As anyone who actually knows me can confirm, if I was desperate to go back I'd buy a season ticket. There are plenty available by all accounts.

As it happens, I turned down a free ticket for yesterday's game. Didn't fancy it to be honest. I'll be there for the Arsenal match, though.

As anyone who actually knows me can confirm, if I was desperate to go back I'd buy a season ticket. There are plenty available by all accounts.

As it happens, I turned down a free ticket for yesterday's game. Didn't fancy it to be honest. I'll be there for the Arsenal match, though.

One less empty seat.👍

One less empty seat.��
    There were hardly any empty seats yesterday. dml1954 said so.

Were there a lot of empty seats? Can't say I'd noticed, I'd paid to watch the game not take part in an empty seat count.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Err, that's my exact point.
    Err, I`m agreeing with you

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Err, I`m agreeing with you
    Apologies, my bad

Lots of empty seats in the Man Utd end today with ten minutes to go.
    Must have wanted to get away quickly, long drive back to S Wales

Has anyone taken into account the seats with two standing by them?
    #thatswhysomeseatlookempty

I’ve got 4 season tickets, only 2 were used. I went to Arsenal on New Year’s Day in 2014 and there must have been 15,000 empty seats.

It happens at all grounds throughout the country .

I'm amazed at the amount of people who watch a fair portion of the game from the concourse, probably checking their bets and watching the game on the tv with a pint.

There's usually a couple but yesterday there were hundreds under the canton stand when i went for a quick piss.

I wonder if there will be same percentage of empty seats when Arsenal come to town in a couple of weeks? What do you reckon?
    Perhaps there will no gooners , if they carry on with thier losing streak 😁