+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the game again now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watching the game again now

It's interesting in retrospect , we did pass well, we could have had more on targets shot with more poise, better positioned forwards , better quality final ball

Arters foul in my view was the same as the red card they had.

Zohore cannot head a ball and in some cases looks scared too.

Re: Watching the game again now

How did the empty seats look on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Watching MoTD at the moment, the front 4-6 rows of the Bob Bank are probably 40% empty.

Funny seeing Warnock, who was whinging about the PL last season, now whinging about the Championship and not missing it. Linekar said "Not a great game" (is he trolling you Mike?) .

That was my opinion too, I only watched about half an hour live on TV then decided to switch channels. Only just watching MoTD because I have a day off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Watching MoTD at the moment, the front 4-6 rows of the Bob Bank are probably 40% empty.

Funny seeing Warnock, who was whinging about the PL last season, now whinging about the Championship and not missing it. Linekar said "Not a great game" (is he trolling you Mike?) .

That was my opinion too, I only watched about half an hour live on TV then decided to switch channels. Only just watching MoTD because I have a day off work.
    Great update.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Great update.
    Thanks, it is on subject but no doubt some see it as a trolling exercise.

Two very poor teams, I thought Newcastle would be alright this season. Now, I'm not so sure.

Two very poor teams, I thought Newcastle would be alright this season. Now, I'm not so sure.
    It’s fine of course to comment on games. But we’ll clearly need a bit more time to make general assessments.

I thought you might have got over your obsession with a club you no longer support. But now I'm not so sure.

Heisenberg

You watched "about half an hour" of the game and made your decision that it wasn't great?

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You watched "about half an hour" of the game and made your decision that it wasn't great?

Well done
    In fairness, I saved myself 60 minutes plus half time because most reports say it wasn't a good game. In fact, the only people I see raving about the games are on this board! As someone on the radio said "seeing Warnock celebrating a 0-0 against a 10 man Newcastle suggests a long hard season ahead". The highlights I saw suggest I missed little too - unless the BBC are trying to make Cardiff look poor? Maybe some will believe that.

Heisenberg

In fairness, I saved myself 60 minutes plus half time because most reports say it wasn't a good game. In fact, the only people I see raving about the games are on this board! As someone on the radio said "seeing Warnock celebrating a 0-0 against a 10 man Newcastle suggests a long hard season ahead". The highlights I saw suggest I missed little too - unless the BBC are trying to make Cardiff look poor? Maybe some will believe that.
    MotD did miss a few things actually - most notably NML blasting high and wide from the edge of the 6 yard box when he should have done anything else... and also Shelvey stopping an open goal opportunity with a last ditch slided-clearance over the bar. They were two important moments in the match that must not have been worthy of a highlights package.

Maybe do yourself a favour in the future and don't watch any of their televised games (even a whole 30mins!).

I doubt that you will find any joy in watching City play these days - unless they get trounced, possibly.

You really are a grade A berk who doesnt deserve the time of day. Bog off and bother someone elses board.

For a fourth time - I'm going to keep on asking until I get an answer from you;-

"So you are the person we all assume you are then? Tell me, what do you think you would have said to someone who told you in 2008 that in ten years time, you'd be doing what you do now on here when Cardiff City are playing in the Premier League, wearing blue shirts, had an owner who has converted over £70 million worth of club debt into equity over the summer and were going ahead with a new training base?"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For a fourth time - I'm going to keep on asking until I get an answer from you;-

"So you are the person we all assume you are then? Tell me, what do you think you would have said to someone who told you in 2008 that in ten years time, you'd be doing what you do now on here when Cardiff City are playing in the Premier League, wearing blue shirts, had an owner who has converted over £70 million worth of club debt into equity over the summer and were going ahead with a new training base?"
    OK, this is the FIRST time I've seen this question, and I am wondering if this is better suited for PMs - but since you are seeking something more public, I'll resist the temptation to have another thread hijacked by the usual culprits (you in this case) and PM you my response . You could have dropped me an e-mail, it's the same address that I used when I spent a good number of hours proof-reading your very fine book.

OK, this is the FIRST time I've seen this question, and I am wondering if this is better suited for PMs - but since you are seeking something more public, I'll resist the temptation to have another thread hijacked by the usual culprits (you in this case) and PM you my response . You could have dropped me an e-mail, it's the same address that I used when I spent a good number of hours proof-reading your very fine book.
    That's the very reason I'm asking that question in public, I've tried to understand your motivation, but I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Good luck answering his reply, rather you than me. He obviously sees himself as a heroic figure and seems to be completely unaware that he's just a troll on the message board of a football team he doesn't support. Pretty disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good luck answering his reply, rather you than me. He obviously sees himself as a heroic figure and seems to be completely unaware that he's just a troll on the message board of a football team he doesn't support. Pretty disturbing.
    I find it quite sad. I agree with you and others who say that he seems to see himself as some sort of hero, but, to be honest, I read his posts these days and those of the Bristol City and Leeds supporting trolls we have on here and don't see much difference in them. As I say, it's sad because he's better than that and he would be a good addition to this board in different circumstances, but I read his reply to my question (which I still don't think he's really answered) thinking that even if Vincent Tan was to send him a hand written apology, it wouldn't change how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's funny, but when someone compared me to an infamous DJ on another thread I didn't see you calling that disturbing.

It's also not disturbing that when I said I was taking Bob's question "off line" he decided to keep it in this thread I suppose.

God knows I just watch the footy

Thanks for letting us know

On Sky drinking Guinness in Tenby , it's a better game than MOTD and when I watched live in Saturday amongst a crowd of 75 thousand it went on longer?

Newcastle were terrible, as they were the week before against Spurs... If Rafa cones to his senses and leaves they have no chance.

We looked ok defensively but need more going forward!

As I watched the game I was wondering what a difference Troy Deeney could have made. And at the end of it, despite the penalty save, it still felt like 2 points dropped.

Give us a feckin chance mun. We’ve only played 2 games. I really didn’t think the moaning and groaning would start this soon.

Give us a feckin chance mun. We’ve only played 2 games. I really didn’t think the moaning and groaning would start this soon.
    You know every game game counts right? Even the ones in August.

Arter's foul was not the same. Arter's was a trip, shin to shin contact, not dangerous but a definite yellow. Their player caught Murphy on the back of his calf with his studs, which could have caused serious injury.