Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
If Tan had backed him, and by backed him I mean to the level of spending that Wolves and Fulham have done, then I could half believe this but not with what we started with and what we added to it.

It was no secret we needed a proven striker and a right back and arguably more but no manager would go in light if they didn't have to and have to work with what they are given. I think Warnock has done reasonably well given what he has brought in. I can't see anybody else doing too much better with this squad.

I honestly thought Tan would free more finances for Warnock. I know many have gone with the once bitten, twice shy argument but did we really spend that much last time out. Most of what we did spend we saw back too, obviously ignoring the whole Cornelius situation.
I'd have been sick in my mouth a little bit if Warnock had thrown £100m at it like Fulham have done, after us fans wanking ourselves silly in May about how even a single conservative season in the Prem, with the parachute payments etc that come with it, would save us financially from the perilous position we've been in for the last decade.