+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathan Blake is so right.............................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nathan Blake is so right.............................

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't see how having a child could cause him to be so poor and did-interested, but who knows. It's very odd, but if I were to take a guess, I would say that he's lacking confidence and self belief and I don't think that he knows how to pull himself out of it, maybe he doesn't have that kind of character. He looks slow and weak, he doesn't even get close to getting in a game or creating something for himself, which is what he has to do. I don't think he's good enough for this level, but he isn't helping himself either. He's not a very expressive player at the best of times, although at the moment he looks beaten.
    I think there's always been an element of immaturity in his game and you're right - his head tends to drop very quickly if things are not going for him. His reaction to the two or three goals we scored last season after he had taken air shots at good chances was concerning - if it had been me with the first one of those especially I would definitely have laughed at myself, but you could see he was upset.

I've just listened to that Blakey's Boot Room with Warnock and he mentions possible player swap deals in January - it wouldn't surprise me much if Zohore (or Madine) was involved in something like that because I think there will be other sides out there who will look at his physique and what he did in the second half of 16/17 and at times last season and think they'll be able to get the performances out of him that we aren't able to currently.

Re: Nathan Blake is so right.............................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think there's always been an element of immaturity in his game and you're right - his head tends to drop very quickly if things are not going for him. His reaction to the two or three goals we scored last season after he had taken air shots at good chances was concerning - if it had been me with the first one of those especially I would definitely have laughed at myself, but you could see he was upset.

I've just listened to that Blakey's Boot Room with Warnock and he mentions possible player swap deals in January - it wouldn't surprise me much if Zohore (or Madine) was involved in something like that because I think there will be other sides out there who will look at his physique and what he did in the second half of 16/17 and at times last season and think they'll be able to get the performances out of him that we aren't able to currently.
    That's a great shout, bob, I've been searching for the correct word to describe his performances and character, immaturity sums things up very well in my opinion. I mentioned in a thread a few weeks back that my favourite moment since Warnock arrived was when Ken was given his chance against Wolves after Richardson and Immers had been hooked off at half time, most of us thought that he didn't stand a chance. Ken had a great game and was probably responsible for the win that night, the look on his face when the Canton sang his name was a footballing moment to cherish, He seemed so grateful and pleased, and I think that the fans getting behind him so quickly really helped in his development for the rest of that season. I really hope that he comes good, for his sake as much as ours.