I think there’s a lot of revisionist rubbish written about Ken. In Warnock’s first season he was absolutely unplayable at times. My mate is a Wolves season ticket holder and he said that Zohore’s performance against them at Molineux was the best he’d seen form any opposition striker that season. If he could tear the Wolves defence apart in the Championship why couldn’t he do the same to the exact same Wolves defence in the Premier League? I think some people forget that outside the top six there are some bang average defenders in this division.

I think the problems with him are twofold. Firstly after our bad run over Christmas last year, Warnock brought Paterson into the midfield and we started to play a lot more long balls as opposed to the direct, counter attacking style that we had played before. This didn’t suit Ken because he’s useless in the air, basically he wants the ball into the channels or over the top where he can use his pace and strength to run onto it. My guess is that as we were at the top of the table, more teams were coming to sit back and frustrate us and Warnock figured we needed to change our style to adapt.

The second problem is that in my opinion, judging by his demeanour and everything we’ve seen from him so far, he is a total confidence player. That unfortunately is a lot harder to resolve. Warnock has got a lot out of him because he’s a superb man manager but it’s a question of whether he’s prepared to persevere with him through this goal drought. Me personally, I’d give him a bit longer particularly as we’ve got some winnable games coming up because at the end of the day, I do think there’s a terrific player in there somewhere.