+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA cup live games

FA cup live games

Friday, January 4: Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham (BT Sport 2 - 7.45pm)

Saturday, January 5: Manchester United vs Reading (BT Sport 2 - 12.30pm)

Saturday, January 5: Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal (BT Sport 2 - 5.30pm)

Sunday, January 6: Woking vs Watford (BT Sport 2 - 2pm)

Sunday, January 6: Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City (BBC One - 4.30pm)

Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)

Do man United have some sort of contract?

Re: FA cup live games

No. It’s because everyone likes to see them lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Friday, January 4: Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham (BT Sport 2 - 7.45pm)

Saturday, January 5: Manchester United vs Reading (BT Sport 2 - 12.30pm)

Saturday, January 5: Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal (BT Sport 2 - 5.30pm)

Sunday, January 6: Woking vs Watford (BT Sport 2 - 2pm)

Sunday, January 6: Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City (BBC One - 4.30pm)

Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)

Do man United have some sort of contract?
    When the draw was announced and I saw that an average Man U team were at home against a lowly team, I thought there is no way that game will be televised live to keep up their incredible record going back donkeys years of every one of their FA Cup ties being televised.

Surely there were better matches than that to televise; and give some cash to eg some lower league clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    When the draw was announced and I saw that an average Man U team were at home against a lowly team, I thought there is no way that game will be televised live to keep up their incredible record going back donkeys years of every one of their FA Cup ties being televised.

Surely there were better matches than that to televise; and give some cash to eg some lower league clubs.
    I saw a crazy statistic where Utd had 65 FA Cup games of which 64 were televised, that's succes I guess .

Man Ud are one of the biggest teams in the world. It doesn't matter who they are playing, they will get massive worldwide audience, so having them on TV is a no brainer for the advertisers.

Only time I’ll be interested in watching Man Utd play is on the 22nd of this month.
    Think that’ll be our “top 6” scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Man Ud are one of the biggest teams in the world. It doesn't matter who they are playing, they will get massive worldwide audience, so having them on TV is a no brainer for the advertisers.
    This 100%.

When ITV had the live FA cup rights, they generally showed the biggest teams regardless of who they were playing, simply as it was most attractive to advertisers. The BBC have never been as restricted as this.