Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Definitely. I was only being sarcastic in my last sentence there, he's a good player and I enjoyed watching him. TOBW ribs me because I said he hadn't grown enough, he felt it wasn't an issue, but it just seemed he hadn't developed any kind of physical presence and while that's not the be all and end all of being a good footballer I just couldn't see a way he was going to progress here.

He got tried in a couple of different positions last season but he seemed to be getting increasingly frustrated at what was being asked of him, even as a full back. After ten years here, presumably being encouraged to get forward at every opportunity, he was suddenly being expected to take a touch and then bang it 50 yards up the middle to a non existent target man or up the channel to some trialist who was expecting it to his feet. Absolute madness. Hopefully Barry will play to his strengths, if they do then they've made a good acquisition.
I don't know how much of barry you have seen but he sounds perfect for barry.

That's exactly how barry play and its no coincidence half the team has been produced by the city academy!

Barry are part time but connahs quay and tns are full time so barry have had to try something different to compete. Young hungry players who want a platform to get back into the professional leagues seems to be working for all parties at the moment.