Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
So it would now appear that our £15m record signing was being flown to Cardiff in a 35 year old piston aircraft at night ,in known icing conditions ,over water, in the depth of winter by a gas engineer who does parachute dropping on the weekends.

He held no commercial flying licence, had no instrument rating to allow him to fly in the airway system in controlled airspace,and in cloud if required.
He also admitted his instrument flying skills were at best “rusty”
Probably No immersion suits were being worn which they should have been for such a flight. I doubt he was even wearing a life jacket.

At best he was an enthusiastic amateur yet was entrusted by Emilio's agent to fly him to his new home despite being woefully under qualified to do so.

As a professsional pilot words fail me.

The more I read about the tragic event , the more I’m equally saddened and angry about how this situation was allowed to happen and I would also question the legality of the flight especially If the pilot had received payment to operate the flight on the agents behalf.
Illegal on an aircraft operated on a private certificate of airworthiness category,and by a pilot who only held a private pilots licence.

If proved true this will have further implications for the aircrafts owner.

In order to save a few pennies the players agent has failed in his duty of care for his client.

The whole shoddy affair reeks of rank amateurism.

Emilio and his family deserved better.
===================================

Good Evening All

A lifetime Jack here but I felt compelled to post on here to express my total shock, disbelief but subsequently anger at this absolute tragic event and loss of life which would, on the face of it, appear to have been 100% avoidable and unnecessary.

I guess that until the wreckage/Black Box (if they had one on this apparently totally inadequate aircraft) is located and until a formal Air Crash investigation is concluded there will be many ‘theories’ etc as to what actually happened, the whys & wherefores as to who to ‘pin the blame on’ as it were.

Just like in any family bereavement, we all go through these emotions of sorrow, grief, disbelief, guilt and blame to ‘help’ us deal with the grieving process which is quite normal.

I just feel that right here and now the thoughts and prayers of all us ‘football fans’ should lie with Emiliano’s family and the family of the pilot who will be grieving most of all.

The rest can wait for another day.

God Bless you Both

A Swansea Jack