+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reflections on Sala

Reflections on Sala

I do not often get excited about new signings until they have played but following the Sala signing I was really excited after looking at the videos, his personality etc [ way more than say Murphy who was not much cheaper ] - he seemed a perfect fit for City. I have only felt like this recently about Zohore following his spell under NW prior to the promotion season and would have been gutted if he had gone prior to the promotion season but in the end he contributed little that season.
    I was also excited about the Cornelius signing after watching the videos !!
    We will never know if Sala would have performed well but I just had that feeling again this time and it is so frustrating that we will never know - I cannot comprehend how NW must be feeling having sold him the club and successfully completed the deal - I honestly don't know how NW will deal with the emotions on this one as I feel gutted with no involvement - it could be a difficult one for NW to get over

Re: Reflections on Sala

Although I always tell myself not to take player videos too seriously, that one Nantes put out showing all of the goals he scored for them did impress me an awful lot. Up until then I had been a little like you sound about the Murphy signing regarding Sala, but my attitude changed after watching that video.

Re: Reflections on Sala

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although I always tell myself not to take player videos too seriously, that one Nantes put out showing all of the goals he scored for them did impress me an awful lot. Up until then I had been a little like you sound about the Murphy signing regarding Sala, but my attitude changed after watching that video.
    Same here, I watched the video and began to get excited at the prospect of him coming here.