+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazon AND Netflix?????

International

Amazon AND Netflix?????

I got Netflix before Christmas and really enjoy it. I think it is excellent value for money.

I have looked at Amazon but I can't seem to find out the full scope of their offer. I get all the normal free-to-air channels via my virgin package anyway, so is there and difference or advantage to having Amazon as well?

I'm sure there are people on here ITK on these things. I have no idea! What will Amazon give me extra to what I have now?

Re: Amazon AND Netflix?????

To be honest, the main benefit of Amazon Prime is probably their "next day" delivery. Whilst I've had some issues with it recently, the idea of being able to order something in the afternoon and have it the following day (even on weekends) is pretty convenient.

In terms of Prime Video (which is part of the benefits of having Amazon Prime)... I had it and it's okay, although I think Netflix is far better. Prime Video has some normal shows which save you from having to buy them, then they have their own shows too. But it's like a cut-down version of Netflix tbh.

International

I had a feeling that was the case. But is there any of these things that give access to HBO output for instance?

If you haven't got Netflix yet then have a look at this link - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/net...torial-3172244

Basically you set up a vpn and change your country to Turkey then choose to pay in Lira for the service. Then once you've set up a monthly subscription you turn off the VPN and you have the UK Netflix again. Saves you about half on a monthly subscription. I found doing it on a phone was easier by downloading the Hola app but you may be ok on a pc/macbook. I have done this and coupled it with a Monzo card where you get £5 off your first full bill when paying through that card - see here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-o...counts-3173636

I think I can get you £5 when you sign up to Monzo too through a referral link but I would need your mobile phone number.

International

Feck me! Netflix is only a tenner to start with. You can sane that by not buying a TV licence.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Feck me! Netflix is only a tenner to start with. You can sane that by not buying a TV licence.
    What the **** is a TV licence???