+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flyer 46 again - Trolling and bickering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Emiliano Sala death: Pilot 'dropped out of commercial training'

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    That is about what it was !!!! Henderson most likely said " You can hack it, just get Sala here & the 'milky bars are on me' "

It is without doubt a situation which has gone tragically wrong....... Sadly Ibbotson was a bit of a risk taker & Henderson is a renowned risk taker, whereas McKay seems to have an attitude of " I don't care how you get it done, just get it sorted " So between the 3 Muskeeters they had a plan !!!!
    What’s your proof that Henderson was a “renowned” risk taker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    What’s your proof that Henderson was a “renowned” risk taker ?
    I'm guessing the piece he did for the BBC, where he made it clear that he took huge risks flying solo over oceans in a single engined plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm guessing the piece he did for the BBC, where he made it clear that he took huge risks flying solo over oceans in a single engined plane.
    It’s a figure of speech.

Do you think he takes every available precaution when ferrying single engine across the Atlantic via Greenland and the like.

I have a friend of mine who does this.

The planning for these type of flights is extensive and well researched and they fly with every type of safety equipment imaginable.

These guys are professionals.

It’s a figure of speech.

Do you think he takes every available precaution when ferrying single engine across the Atlantic via Greenland and the like.

The planning for these type of flights is extensive and well researched and they fly with every type of safety equipment imaginable.

Yes, I watched the video, but it's still bonkers having a potential ditching into the middle of the Atlantic ocean as part of the flight plan

B
    Yes, I watched the video, but it's still bonkers having a potential ditching into the middle of the Atlantic ocean as part of the flight plan
    Rather them than me admittedly

They don't plan to ditch, they plan everything to avoid or negate the risk of ditching.

It’s a figure of speech.
    I don't think it is a figure of speech, I think when he said that in the documentary it was a 'statement of fact'
    I am guessing that with the almost always need for a ferry tank inside the cabin area it restricts the capacity to take every precaution when flying a light single across the Atlantic via Greenland and the like. So I have seen a ferry pilot who doesn't even wear an immersion suit or suchlike because he reserves himself to the fact that he ain't going to get out or rescued if he goes down in the Atlantic on 90% of the routings.
    I think everyone knows a pilot who does ferrying or has done ferrying
    Not always do they fly with every type of safety equipment imaginable. Not always is The planning for these type of flights done extensively and well researched
    There are cowboys in every aspect of aviation so not all are professionals as has been proven in this very instance.

That is a small part of the basis, the bigger part is GA being a close knit community, everyone chats & if you take an overview of what the majority say the coclusion is " He is a HUGE RISK TAKER ( not was as SHB says !!! )