+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamba out for the rest of the season

Bamba out for the rest of the season

Re: Bamba out for the rest of the season

Thought as much, didn’t look good at the time. Gutting for Sol and CCFC.

He'll be gutted about that. Best wishes for op and speedy recovery.

That could be a career ending injury considering his age.

Get well soon, Sol.

Gutted for him, could be a career ender at his age.

Hope he is able to come back from it, he's been a phenomenal player for us.

God we don't have much luck in the prem do we. Last time it was the red v blue and Tan v Malcky now this, on top of the tragedy of a much worse nature that took place in January.

He's got another year on his contract after this season I think

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's got another year on his contract after this season I think
    He does, but after such a serious injury in the latter end of his career... will he play for us again? I truly hope so, but I'm not feeling confident.

We now have two recognised centre backs in the 25... One more injury and we could be truly f**ked and not just kinda f**ked.

Really glad we included Healey over Connolly. We now have 2 centre backs and one right back. If any of Peltier, Morrison or Manga get injured, God knows what we do. Cunningham at CB? Bacuna? Gunnar? Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He does, but after such a serious injury in the latter end of his career will he play for us again? I truly hope so, but I'm not feeling confident.

We now have two recognised centre backs in the 25... One more injury and we could be truly f**ked and not just kinda f**ked.
    Beat me to it. We now have to play Peltier Manga Morrison Bennett every game. We've got no choice.

I assume Peltier is seen as a central defender as desperate times might come upon us if Morrison or Manga suffer injury.

Richards, Bacuna and Paterson are back up on the right, Cunningham on the left for Bennett.

We will be okay for the remainder, as long as nobody is injured for anything long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I assume Peltier is seen as a central defender as desperate times might come upon us if Morrison or Manga suffer injury.

Richards, Bacuna and Paterson are back up on the right, Cunningham on the left for Bennett.

We will be okay for the remainder, as long as nobody is injured for anything long term.
    Peltier? When was the last time Richards was fit? This is grim and is a major cock up by Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Peltier? When was the last time Richards was fit? This is grim and is a major cock up by Warnock.
    Careful there fella. You know the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He does, but after such a serious injury in the latter end of his career... will he play for us again? I truly hope so, but I'm not feeling confident.

Let’s be honest with our defending the last 3 games we were ****ed regardless of any injuries.

Should never have gotten rid of Ajayi

Our season just got a whole lot worse!

Sol is a warrior and inspiration.

Hope you make a full recovery Sol and we see you back in blue next season

3,2,1… DML incoming!

A Massive loss, Sol has been my player of the season, then again i do like a player that plays with passion

no reason he shouldnt be back in 9 months, depends on how bad the ACL tear is

Really glad we included Healey over Connolly. We now have 2 centre backs and one right back. If any of Peltier, Morrison or Manga get injured, God knows what we do. Cunningham at CB? Bacuna? Gunnar? Grim.
    And Morrison wasn't fit when we registered the squad at the end of January. It's a really bizarre decision.

the poor guy - check this shit out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNvtEMTF6YE

Jazz is a right back!

Didn’t we stop Connolly going to Hull?

Using simple maths, I assume the basic premise of the 25-man squad rule is to allow for 2/3 keepers, plus 22/23 outfield players to cover the other 10 positions. In other words, a minimum of four centre backs. How the hell have we therefore got into a position where we only have 3 x natural centre backs in the squad, one of which is 34-years old?

I said it at the start of the season and I'll say it again. I wouldn't have included Kadeem in the squad, as we have plenty of alternatives to what he can offer. I'd also have been tempted to take the risk and not include Murphy. He was never going to feature unless there was a freak run of injuries. Those two places have basically been wasted. Surely a young, up-and-coming centre back would have added a better balance to the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Didn’t we stop Connolly going to Hull?
    Yes, but I don't think he is in the 25