+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bamba out for the rest of the season

Re: Bamba out for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Using simple maths, I assume the basic premise of the 25-man squad rule is to allow for up to 3 x keepers, plus 22 or 23 x outfield players to cover the other 10 x positions. In other words, a minimum of four centre backs. How the hell have we therefore got into a position where we only have 3 x natural centre backs in the squad, one of which is 34-years old?

I said it at the start of the season and I'll say it again. I wouldn't have included Kadeem in the squad, as we have plenty of alternatives to what he can offer. I'd also have been tempted to take the risk and not include Murphy. He was never going to feature unless there was a freak run of injuries. Those two places have basically been wasted. Surely a young, up-and-coming centre back would have added a better balance to the squad?
    If we have to turn to Harris or Healey, we're in trouble. They've been included instead of a fourth centre back, when we've been playing our first choice three in most games, and our back up right back is made of glass. It was a stupid decision at the time and it really hasn't aged well.

was at the game on Saturday and could tell it was a bad one

these ACL injurys usually take between 9 to 12 months to fully recover properly

people who say 6 to 9 months to recover are in cloud cuckoo land

gutted for him I saw what my lad went through with the same injury

good luck sol with the rehab

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    was at the game on Saturday and could tell it was a bad one

these ACL injurys usually take between 9 to 12 months to fully recover properly

people who say 6 to 9 months to recover are in cloud cuckoo land

gutted for him I saw what my lad went through with the same injury

good luck sol with the rehab
    Its a very common netball injury, a girl in my daughters team was back playing in 9 months, its doable with the right work

Healey was out for about 10-12 months wasn't he?

Terrible injury.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Jazz is a right back!
    And made out of Weetabix

I think velikonja ruptured his cruciate ligament back before we signed him, and came back pretty quickly, prior to that some really big clubs had been sniffing around him.