Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
We debated why we wanted or didn't want Brexit two years ago. Now the issue is much bigger: whether parliament ignores the electorate.

I voted to leave but even if I hadn't I would be as angry about parliament's refusal to do what the electorate told them to do. If they didn't want us to decide they shouldn't have voted in favour of a referendum by a majority of 500. When they did, they ceded their authority to us. But because the result didn't go the way they expected they are reneging on their promise. You may feel that is of secondary importance to whether we stay in the EU or not. I don't. I know Remainers have a tendency to sneer at ideas such as sovereignty and democracy but I think they are moire important than EU membership.
What does/did leaving mean to you? The problem with the ref in 2016 was it meant anything anyone wanted it to. "Easiest trade deal ever", Norway, Switzerland etc. It's incredibly poorly worded, solely Cameron's fault but I think a lot of people, myself included, are upset because nobody knew what Brexit was, and I'm tired of people saying they knew what they voted for, cos let's be honest, nobody had a clue. Also, in the latest poll, remain is 63% vs her deal at 37%, so I think we can safely say, people didn't vote for this.