+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Job opportunities

International

Job opportunities

Sorry if this is pain, but as some may have guessed my wife of 7 years has recently joined me in Cardiff. She is desperate to find some kind of employment, any job within reason, that she can get to on a bus in the city.
    Two important reasons for this. 1 to improve her English, it is OK bet needs to get better and 2, to show she is a useful ember of society when we apply for her visa renewal, which is the next stage if she is to be permitted to stay her permanently. (and to help with the boy's further education expenses)
    She has experience of working in hotel reception, in fashion shops (any retail really) and is willing to try anything. She is a fast learner and a hard worker.
    If anyone on the board knows anyone who may need help, even as a cleaner or some such, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading!!!

Re: Job opportunities

What’s her first language?

International

Russian, Azeri and Turkish. She speak them all fluently, but Russian is her maternal language

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Russian, Azeri and Turkish. She speak them all fluently, but Russian is her maternal language
    I was going to say teaching language might be an option but can’t imagine there’s much demand for any of those 😩

Hotel work the obvious way forward. Check out this link.
    https://www.caterer.com/jobs/Hotel/i...BoCz-8QAvD_BwE

Invest in some Accreditation and set her up as an Interpretor. Register with the Police and Courts Services - they used to pay a good fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Invest in some Accreditation and set her up as an Interpretor. Register with the Police and Courts Services - they used to pay a good fee.
    This is a good option

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    This is a good option

Crapita have most of that contract, the MOJ split it out to varying degrees but all the language services were tendered.

Still an option to pursue just don't think you can register with the police directly.