+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Burnley 2-0 Wolves : Brighton 0-1 Southampton : Palace 2-0 Huddersfield

Re: FT: Burnley 2-0 Wolves : Brighton 0-1 Southampton : Palace 2-0 Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    I expect City to go straight back up next year though, considering we've been preparing for relegation the moment promotion was gained.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Guys look at the table. We have 2 games in hand- Win next 2 games and we'll be out of bottom 3 by Wednesday!

Now- Anyone know who the next 2 games are against and what our record is like v those sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    That Burnley home defeat is going to come back to haunt us
    Big time. 6 pointer.

I expect City to go straight back up next year though, considering we've been preparing for relegation the moment promotion was gained.
    Agreed when Burnley really need to win they usually do, we need to beat some of these top teams starting tomorrow

eeeek.

So......

Brighton. They will be looking at their fixture list and bricking it. They have three games where they will be needing to pick up points: home games against bournemouth, Cardiff and newcastle. They won't beat bournemouth, and they may struggle against Newcastle. so if we can beat them (and we can) then they are right in it. Their other games are away at Chelsea; Wolves; Spurs and Arsenal and they finish the season at home to man city. What I am saying is... it is not impossible that they will only pick up 2 more points this season. We would have to beat them to survive now, so that's just 5 more points we would need to find. win at home against palace and win one of the away ones against burnley or fulham, and we stay up.

I agree, even if we did stay up it would be another huge battle more than likely ending like hudds 2nd season just did. It’s all about the money, be interesting to see how much we made in the sunshine this season, considering the loss we made even going up. What did it cost wolves? 75 million wasn’t it? It’s just beyond. Even clubs like Watford and Brighton must be spending every penny on wages etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Guys look at the table. We have 2 games in hand- Win next 2 games and we'll be out of bottom 3 by Wednesday!

Now- Anyone know who the next 2 games are against and what our record is like v those sides?
    We scored first at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We scored first at Chelsea.
    Yes same again tomorrow please, in the 95th minute.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yes same again tomorrow please, in the 95th minute.
    Agreed, always nice to grab a goal early on

Anyone know where the Chelsea team are staying tonight?

Watching match of the day. How did Southampton win that

I honestly hope you stay up. From the games I've seen you've seldom been really outclassed. Anyhow, I prefer life in the Championship and I'll not be bothered if go back to league two, if it gets rid of our absentee foreign owners. I still support the Swans but I refuse to buy merchandise or tickets, and as the club is making a profit at the moment, the money would go straight into the owners pockets.

Championship contenders or EPL whipping boys, which would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    That Burnley home defeat is going to come back to haunt us
    I still shudder at that home defeat and still rate Burnley as the worst team to visit the Cardiff City stadium this season (even though they won).
    I noticed they did the same yesterday. Virtually no efforts on goal and defended for the majority of the game - but won 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I honestly hope you stay up. From the games I've seen you've seldom been really outclassed. Anyhow, I prefer life in the Championship and I'll not be bothered if go back to league two, if it gets rid of our absentee foreign owners. I still support the Swans but I refuse to buy merchandise or tickets, and as the club is making a profit at the moment, the money would go straight into the owners pockets.

Championship contenders or EPL whipping boys, which would you prefer?
    Some say we have been preparing for next season in the championship since the day we got promoted. The club is pretty united these days so whichever league we end up in we will be ok.....you lot def need to oust the hedge fund, you just know they will be selling anything they can this summer before they finally go....