+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quiz question

Quiz question

Who is the most two footed player in the premier League this season. Based on actual passes made

Re: Quiz question

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Who is the most two footed player in the premier League this season. Based on actual passes made
    Etheridge? I genuinely find it hard to tell if he is naturally right or left footed.

Not the name I have

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Etheridge? I genuinely find it hard to tell if he is naturally right or left footed.
    Wasnt there some Guardian article a few weeks ago that showed hes completed the least amount of passes this season?
    Saying that though, if hes completed say 100 passes, 50 with each foot, then he could be the most two-footed player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wasnt there some Guardian article a few weeks ago that showed hes completed the least amount of passes this season?
    Saying that though, if hes completed say 100 passes, 50 with each foot, then he could be the most two-footed player in the league.
    In the article I'm reading, the player in question is 52:48 one way or the other, and by far the most 2 footed in the league (it isn't immediately obvious whether they have included keepers in the analysis).

It is also a Cardiff player.....

In the article I'm reading, the player in question is 52:48 one way or the other, and by far the most 2 footed in the league (it isn't immediately obvious whether they have included keepers in the analysis).

It is also a Cardiff player.....
    Camarasa

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Camarasa
    Nope

Heisenberg

Arter?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Arter?
    Correctamundo

https://statsbomb.com/2019/04/pass-f...remier-league/

In fairness, most of his passes are over a very short distance. He's not ever been a playmaker of any description, just an offloader to a spare player.

Yup, he's equally bad on both feet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, most of his passes are over a very short distance. He's not ever been a playmaker of any description, just an offloader to a spare player.
    I was relieved to see him sign for us at the start of the season. A player who can hold the ball and distribute it under pressure.
    And whilst I feel he’s been good for us, I think Ralls has been just as good in recent games and really stepped it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was relieved to see him sign for us at the start of the season. A player who can hold the ball and distribute it under pressure.
    And whilst I feel he’s been good for us, I think Ralls has been just as good in recent games and really stepped it up.
    Agreed. My comment wasn't in any way negative. Arter is a ball winner and is quick to distribute it to others who are more creative with their passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. My comment wasn't in any way negative. Arter is a ball winner and is quick to distribute it to others who are more creative with their passing.
    I don't rate him that highly, he gets himself in some awful positions and he goes to ground alot in the tackle, he lacks composure as well which is a surprise to me, especially as he played under Eddie Howe. He does work really hard though and is positive when he gets on the ball, if we do stay up then i hope that we don;t make his stay permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't rate him that highly, he gets himself in some awful positions and he goes to ground alot in the tackle, he lacks composure as well which is a surprise to me, especially as he played under Eddie Howe. He does work really hard though and is positive when he gets on the ball, if we do stay up then i hope that we don;t make his stay permanent.
    I agree with that as well.

It might be interesting to note that when Arter has played the 90 minutes (or most of it), we've won 0.8 points a game when he hesn't started and 0.9 when he has. Percentage wise, he's also started more often against the top 6 than he's missed out against them. I'm not convinced he's had the impact we needed, he's been steady but I can understand why Bournemouth were happy to loan him out.

If what Arter does is so easy, you would have thought someone, somewhere in the Premier League would have better stats than him in this category. I'd definitely look to sign Arter if we stay up and would investigate the possibility of him coming here if we go down. Although, with the exception of Camarasa, I believe our central midfielders have been much of a muchness this season, I'd also say that our biggest problems have been at either end of the pitch - more than anywhere else on the pitch, central midfield is about getting the blend right and I'd be happy to have Arter, Camarasa and Ralls here next season in the Premier League along with a defensive midfielder who is also a bit of a play maker.

If what Arter does is so easy, you would have thought someone, somewhere in the Premier League would have better stats than him in this category. I'd definitely look to sign Arter if we stay up and would investigate the possibility of him coming here if we go down. Although, with the exception of Camarasa, I believe our central midfielders have been much of a muchness this season, I'd also say that our biggest problems have been at either end of the pitch - more than anywhere else on the pitch, central midfield is about getting the blend right and I'd be happy to have Arter, Camarasa and Ralls here next season in the Premier League along with a defensive midfielder who is also a bit of a play maker.
    Our central midfield's passing stats are horrific compared to the rest of the division. Much of the problem with either end of the pitch is due to this. We give up so much possession that our defence is required to do more work than any other defences in the division, while we're hoping for a miracle up front that will feed off the crumbs we're given. It also means we launch the ball downfield at most opportunites as it allows the defence to reset and in the hope that we can get on the end of one of them to start an attack as we're not likely to from open play.

I would say we need a complete rethink in terms of how we play.