+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

What about the rest of you? Stay or go?

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Stay

Think of the Slade, Trollope time.

Stay please, even if for one season.

Lot of big clubs down there, decent budgets, stability will be key to whether we can look at gaining promotion again within a reasonable timeframe.

Warnock gets us promoted from nowhere and we have put up a decent showing in the Premier League considering most pundits were saying we would achieve the lowest number of points in PL history. The PL is all about money; those with the largest budgets get the most number of points. Given our lack of resources we have done OK. It would be sheer stupidity to change managers given Warnock's previous record in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I will be eternally grateful to Neil for all he has done at the club but it is time for him to go.

You have a pretty awful sense of timing.

Stay please

Stay
    Best manager we have had for decades

Another poll on stay or go FFS.

In order to bring about change, there has to be a structured well thought out plan.

Your OP is lacking in something quite fundamental don't you think?

Stay

It's Go for me. I'd like the club to change direction a bit although my concern is with the transfer policy, recruiting etc. I don't care if it takes a few years to implement some new ideas and a plan to bring through the odd young player with an emphasis on trying to play or even a mixture of the both. I'm grateful for the job Warnock has done but i've found it difficult to subscribe to his style of play.

STAY,Please

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's Go for me. I'd like the club to change direction a bit although my concern is with the transfer policy, recruiting etc. I don't care if it takes a few years to implement some new ideas and a plan to bring through the odd young player with an emphasis on trying to play or even a mixture of the both. I'm grateful for the job Warnock has done but i've found it difficult to subscribe to his style of play.
    Agree with all of your comments.
    There is no quick fix. Fans seem to think we will automatically be challenging for promotion next season. I wonder if those maintaining that he stays will still be singing from that hymn sheet if we are 14th midway through the season.
    I think he came in the stabilize a team on a poor run who had gone through a couple of non football managers.
    He did extremely well but the club should now be thinking longer term.

Go.

Would like to hear who the Go's would rather have here ?

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    The Lincoln manager would be a punt, although he has gained back to back promotions with them and he has changed the way that they play. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season at such a small club.

The Lincoln manager would be a punt, although he has gained back to back promotions with them and he has changed the way that they play. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season at such a small club.
    I had an e-mail from someone who recommended him three years ago when he was at Braintree - my guess is he is bound for the Championship at least, so why not look at him. I like the fact that, as you say, he is not wedded to one way of playing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I had an e-mail from someone who recommended him three years ago when he was at Braintree - my guess is he is bound for the Championship at least, so why not look at him. I like the fact that, as you say, he is not wedded to one way of playing as well.
    Isn't he there with his brother? And didn't they get Lincoln to the semi final of the Fa Cup or am i imagining that-while they were non league? his record is very impressive, i'd give him a go, not sure the club would be willing to go down that route though.

100% Stay

Isn't he there with his brother? And didn't they get Lincoln to the semi final of the Fa Cup or am i imagining that-while they were non league? his record is very impressive, i'd give him a go, not sure the club would be willing to go down that route though.
    Yes, he is - Lincoln got to the Quarter Finals in 16/17, beating Ipswich, Brighton and Burnley on the way before losing at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cowley likes to play a direct style of football with an emphasis on pace and set plays - ring a bell?

Not criticising it and they have done extremely well to get where they have - perhaps they would be a good fit for us when Neil retires but not just yet - a young manager playing swash buckling football from the lower leagues is the approach Ipswich took this season with Paul Hurst - they were soon looking for a safe pair of hands. There's life in the old dog yet but I could have kicked him up the arse for the way we played yesterday.

If we have the opportunity to employ the most successful manager in the history of the championship who knows our players inside out and has already achieved promotion with that club and knows where improvements are needed rather than a whole new approach and a whole new squad with a club that is still heavily in debt I reckon that he would be the man

Luckily we have business men running the club not emotionally reactive football supporters who would be averaging 4 or 5 managers a season.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    If we have the opportunity to employ the most successful manager in the history of the championship who knows our players inside out and has already achieved promotion with that club and knows where improvements are needed rather than a whole new approach and a whole new squad with a club that is still heavily in debt I reckon that he would be the man
    Out of interest, how long will Warnock be at the club and what happens when he decides to leave? Will we not be in the position of needing a whole new approach and squad improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Another poll on stay or go FFS.

In order to bring about change, there has to be a structured well thought out plan.

Your OP is lacking in something quite fundamental don't you think?
    I totally agree. I think staying with the Warnock way is short termism at its best. The structure we have in place at the moment has no future. Changing now is the start of a structured well thought out plan. Yes it may mean next year we may not finish as high but I'm willing to take that hit in order to start a structured plan now.

I totally agree. I think staying with the Warnock way is short termism at its best. The structure we have in place at the moment has no future. Changing now is the start of a structured well thought out plan. Yes it may mean next year we may not finish as high but I'm willing to take that hit in order to start a structured plan now.
    If that's the case I think we should go all out for Peter Bosz if he would come

Stay 100%

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Slavisia Jokanovic