I Remember that Evening game against Wolves when Zohore made his entrance like it was yesterday, trailing at half time against a mediocre Wolves saw Warnock make two Half time replacements in Immers and the woeful Richardson, on came Zohore in what appeared to be a desperate throw of the dice, up until then, Ken hadn't shown much, there were plenty of fans who thought that he wasn't up to Championship level, he didn't look the most interested of players and his demeanour was languid, so i didn't hold out much hope. Rumour has it that Warnock told him that this was his final chance before he came on. Zohore didn't disappoint, setting up the winner and running at the Wolves defence, he was direct, strong but also possessed good feet and composure, for me, his display was more satisfying than the result and plenty of us were crediting Warnock over the coming months for Zohores revitalisation, believing he had given Ken the boot up the backside that he needed, in many ways Zohore's emergence drew parallels in what Warnock was doing at the club at the time and the season that followed, awakening a club that seemed devoid of character and belief.

So what's happened with Zohore? When he burst onto the scene he looked to have the attributes needed to be a very good striker although not in the traditional sense, he was dropping in and picking the ball up deep, turning and running at defenders with strength, he was linking up with Harris and Hoilett, his movement was better, often coming wide for the ball and dragging defenders with him in order to create that space for midfielders to exploit, Then it seemed to dry up, i'd say around November of our promotion season, he did pick up an injury if memory serves although and he did show some real moments of quality (His goal against Norwich away was top draw, giving the Keeper the 'eyes') although he didn't seem as mobile and positive, it looked like he had lost something.

It was about this time that that we started to play a bit more defensively, the midfield weren't supporting the striker like they had previously, we weren't playing that quick game that saw us get the ball wide and press teams, we seemed more content to sit in and clear the ball, especially if we had gone a goal up, the quick, dynamic and direct style we'd seen from Warnock over the first twelve months become more conservative and based more on preserving a lead.

Did we see a player who really did have the potential to advance and improve or were we witnessing his 'day in the sun' As fans, did we get carried away and expect a bit to much from Zohore? Maybe Warnocks tactical changes made it difficult for Ken and he doesn't really come from a background where a striker has to do so much thankless work with very little reward, maybe it's his character? I'd be interested to hear what other people think. Personally, i think that i rated him a little to highly and that he doesn't possess that little bit of belief and character to become a top level striker although i am convinced that What Warnock seemingly sacrificed in order to gain promotion has had an affect on Ken. TOBW made a great observation about Zohore some months back, saying that there's an element of immaturity about him when he's out on the pitch, i think that he meant his Demeanour and how he carries himself, i agreed at the time and still think it's a valid point.