+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many of our players could we sell to PL teams?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How many of our players could we sell to PL teams?

I very much doubt that any Premier League team will want Etheridge. His distribution just isn't good enough.

Mendez-Laing and Murphy are too inconsistent. I can't see there being any genuine interest in either of them.

I think Bobby Reid is good enough for the Premier League, but has be played enough this season for a team to spend the money on him?

Mendez-Laing, despite making some promising runs, had a 45% pass completion rate in the first half. His opposite number in the Palace team (name escapes me) had 89%! I like NML, however, those stats go to show why we can't keep possession and our squad is full of players who are of the same ilk. Even our 'keeper cannot distribute the ball to one of our own players!

Had the exact same conversation with my son at the game regarding Etheridges distribution. I personally don't feel any premier league would be interested in any of our players at this present moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Had the exact same conversation with my son at the game regarding Etheridges distribution. I personally don't feel any premier league would be interested in any of our players at this present moment.
    A season under pep and I bet his distribution would be a million times better. Just because these are pro footballers doesn’t mean they don’t need coaching or improving it also doesn’t mean players can’t be improved I’ve often wondered what actually goes on in training as there doesn’t seem to be any coaching going on apart from running backwards and forward