Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Are you saying that Pogba is the only black "ball playing midfielder" then? Not sure what your criteria for that is, especially in comparison to the players named in this thread; unless you think Pogba does nothing other than sit centrally & play passes and that makes him a ball playing midfielder

I won't go through all of the players in the thread again but your descriptions of a lot of them seem incorrect to me in terms of their playing roles. None moreso than you than describing Jay-Jay Okocha as a tricky winger when he was the epitome of a central playmaker. He didn't have the pace to be a winger.
I mean, he started and ended his career out wide to be honest... in the prime he was played centrally I’ll admit.

I didn’t really mean historically but currently as if you look you guys have named 18 players of both past and present who play offensively and are good at passing - but that doesn’t mean they are a ball-playing midfielder. If we went with currently, Pogba is the only one I have seen to buck that trend... and that is the point. 3% of the country is black, so you don’t expect many... but one? Of course there are going to be exceptions but he’s world class. There’s no championship one is there?