+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tan's Comments On Warnock

Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

So appears the choice is Warnock's on whether he stays or goes.

Thoughts?

Re: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

So appears the choice is Warnock's on whether he stays or goes.

Thoughts?
    Mixed really, the support for Neil Warnock staying among members of the squad makes me think any replacement could have a difficult time getting the group to play for him, but, if we are going to be spending like most relegated sides do on a return to the Championship, then I've no great faith in our manager using that money effectively based on our work in the transfer market over the past year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mixed really, the support for Neil Warnock staying among members of the squad makes me think any replacement could have a difficult time getting the group to play for him, but, if we are going to be spending like most relegated sides do on a return to the Championship, then I've no great faith in our manager using that money effectively based on our work in the transfer market over the past year and a half.
    Providing we can recoup a decent proportion of what we wasted on ineffective transfers, I'd come down - just - on the side of positive. It will take some doing to re-energize the squad after this season, and he's probably as good as anyone to do that. I also hope our 'transfer committee' can't be any worse than the last couple of seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree with this 100% (for once)

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Agree with this 100% (for once)
    Well, the four most important players in the squad wouldn't give a shit if Warwick went. Im sure two of them would be happy. The fifth might. But what is he to do..

What I fear is if we get off to a bad start, how much patience will we have and even more importantly, Warnock?
    Will Warnock be that arsed about leaving us in say October?

Positive.

Relegation is a terrible time to start tearing apart what has worked well for us. We should concentrate on stability, adding to what Warnock and his team have achieved.

He himself has already suggested he would only see out his contract, as such it gives us a season to look to the future and bring in the right replacement while still having an excellent manager for the level we are at. One who knows the players, one who brought us success out of a period of turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Positive.

Relegation is a terrible time to start tearing apart what has worked well for us. We should concentrate on stability, adding to what Warnock and his team have achieved.
    But whenever Warnock leaves the new boss is likely to tear apart most of what Warnock has done. That is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Positive.

He himself has already suggested he would only see out his contract, as such it gives us a season to look to the future and bring in the right replacement while still having an excellent manager for the level we are at. One who knows the players, one who brought us success out of a period of turmoil.
    this is where i worry

I think it's a massive positive myself. What he's done since being here is virtually miraculous. I also don't fully agree with the idea he's been ropey in the transfer market. 10 million doesn't buy you premier league players, the reids and murphys were always going to be gambles, but with his budget he had no other choice. I'd imagine the likes of Murphy and Reid will either be sold for close to what we paid for them or will be major factors in a good campaign for us. It may be overplaced optimism, but I think Warnock can take us straight back up. On a slightly soppy note, after the whole red nonsense etc, I feel like the bloke has given me my club back. So I'd be delighted to see him stay

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think it's a massive positive myself. What he's done since being here is virtually miraculous. I also don't fully agree with the idea he's been ropey in the transfer market. 10 million doesn't buy you premier league players, the reids and murphys were always going to be gambles, but with his budget he had no other choice. I'd imagine the likes of Murphy and Reid will either be sold for close to what we paid for them or will be major factors in a good campaign for us. It may be overplaced optimism, but I think Warnock can take us straight back up. On a slightly soppy note, after the whole red nonsense etc, I feel like the bloke has given me my club back. So I'd be delighted to see him stay
    Pretty much agree with this, the only thing I would say is the money spent should have been on guaranteed starters.

It would be stupid to try and change everything and whilst the style isn't everyone preference, there is no guarantee that a change will work.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Pretty much agree with this, the only thing I would say is the money spent should have been on guaranteed starters.

It would be stupid to try and change everything and whilst the style isn't everyone preference, there is no guarantee that a change will work.

His fourth season with us, he knows the squad now and has a full Summer transfer window to ship out the underperformers and fill any gaps with improvements.

I expect him to sort out the Strikers once and for all, expect a good few out and a good few better ones in, I am really looking forward to next season with optimism, and a lot more goals !!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I agree, you don’t get much for 10 million these days. Hell, we might even get back the cash blown in madine! I’m pretty sure Murphy and Reid will either do very well next season or move on for what we paid. I recall maCormack going for 11 million a few years ago and he’s guff in comparison. Solid squad, will find things much easier in the championship so why not let Neil work his usual magic.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, you don’t get much for 10 million these days. Hell, we might even get back the cash blown in madine! I’m pretty sure Murphy and Reid will either do very well next season or move on for what we paid. I recall maCormack going for 11 million a few years ago and he’s guff in comparison. Solid squad, will find things much easier in the championship so why not let Neil work his usual magic.
    Depends what you mean by that; if we're talking about a player in the middle of their contract who has good relationship with current club, especially if that club is UK based, and current club isn't in financial difficulty then you're not likely to get a premier league quality player for as little as £10million these days. However, we know there are loads of players who fall outside that narrow band, especially if you can offer a massive jump in weekly wages a la Juve. 3 of Liverpool's back 5 tonight have cost £6 million in transfer fees and they seem to be doing ok.

Based on where we were as club and we were always likely to overspend on individual players. Question should be whether we could have spent the money we did more astutely and whether we're now going to take a proper look at a scouting programme and youth development pathway so we're not always having to spend to improve our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But whenever Warnock leaves the new boss is likely to tear apart most of what Warnock has done. That is inevitable.
    Not if it’s Kevin Blackwell

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not if it’s Kevin Blackwell
    Who hasn't been a manager since 2013. I can't see anything that suggests he wants another go in the hotseat or that City feel he is the right successor to Warnock.

Who is going to make best use of the parachute payments? Who is going to manage best as we implement off-the-field changes?

Warnock has the best record in the world for getting teams promoted from the championship to the premier league. He’s already here. Keep him, back him, both at fan level and board level, let him go for his world record of promotions, and if we go back up, learn from this seasons mistakes. Disruption now could spell disaster.

I hope he stays especially if the squad stays intact.

He knows the Championship , and what it takes to get us out , and what players are needed to supplement.

We won't spend heavy .

We can't afford to up root everyone again .

Majority of our team has another season left in them and good hungry championship players .

If we bring a new man in , were hit with the compensation pays pay , players and management ,don't deserve that .

A new man would cost the club thousands more ,with no guarantee of success .

We must remember the transfer policy is not all his doing ,and the difficulty in getting players to chose us over more fashionable areas / clubs..

This promotion has stabilised the club lets not tear it down in OGS style .

The one caveat for me Neil is brought in and asks how does the club build upon his legacy after the is year if we go up ,depending on that reply a plan is then executed .

We have a couple of well respected Cardiff lads who may be ready by then, to take that step up , in Giggs or Bellars

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Warnock has the best record in the world for getting teams promoted from the championship to the premier league. He’s already here. Keep him, back him, both at fan level and board level, let him go for his world record of promotions, and if we go back up, learn from this seasons mistakes. Disruption now could spell disaster.
    Steve Bruce would argue that record.

Sean Dyche too. 2 promotions in 4 full seasons in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Steve Bruce record is better
    Your spot on, I d have him in a flash, he 's a decent sort , and ugly to boot .

**** all compared to Warnock with lower budgets !!!

Jokanovic has done it twice too....I'd happily see him in charge.

Malky wanted Dyche as his assistant but he turned us down, pity we didn’t appoint him instead of Malky?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Well said

Also it is important to remember, that Neil changed his tact in our promotion season around christmas time after he realised we had a real chance of Automatic. I remember the first half of the season he played pretty open and attacking football, with some big margin wins. In essence I believe when he has the players and resources, I do not believe he is as defensive at heart as some people believe.