+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Warnock has the best record in the world for getting teams promoted from the championship to the premier league. He’s already here. Keep him, back him, both at fan level and board level, let him go for his world record of promotions, and if we go back up, learn from this seasons mistakes. Disruption now could spell disaster.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Who hasn't been a manager since 2013. I can't see anything that suggests he wants another go in the hotseat or that City feel he is the right successor to Warnock.

Who is going to make best use of the parachute payments? Who is going to manage best as we implement off-the-field changes?
    Andre Villa Boas.. But where is the signs of off the field changes? Isn’t this saying there will be none?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Andre Villa Boas.. But where is the signs of off the field changes? Isn’t this saying there will be none?
    Talk about new training ground earlier in the season suggests that some changes are coming. Whether as quickly and as many as some fans will want is another question.

Neil is the man if he will take it on.
    I believe he knows he can do it again.
    If he didn’t believe it he wouldn’t take it on.

He will want to leave on a high note.

I would spend all pre season on shooting g practice keeping the ball on target.
    It’s a talent we have mislaid this season in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Talk about new training ground earlier in the season suggests that some changes are coming. Whether as quickly and as many as some fans will want is another question.
    Greggs near the stadium , do have a new line in bakes .

All of this we can't spend much stuff baffles me. After years where we owed substantial sums to various creditors the last accounts show us owing a substantial amount to only our owner who is in the process of turning much of his debt into equity. Since the accounts were published, we've had a season of Premier League TV rights payments and are now due two seasons worth of parachute payments which I believe amount to something like £80 million - our financial position is much healthier than it was, we averaged 31000 plus this season, we'll probably have about 20,000 season ticket holders next season and yet we're still "plucky little Cardiff City" to so many of our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All of this we can't spend much stuff baffles me. After years where we owed substantial sums to various creditors the last accounts show us owing a substantial amount to only our owner who is in the process of turning much of his debt into equity. Since the accounts were published, we've had a season of Premier League TV rights payments and are now due two seasons worth of parachute payments which I believe amount to something like £80 million - our financial position is much healthier than it was, we averaged 31000 plus this season, we'll probably have about 20,000 season ticket holders next season and yet we're still "plucky little Cardiff City" to so many of our fans.
    Because it can go so badly wrong , so quickly, ask the Pompey's , Bolton's , Sunderland's of this work ,I do wonder where we would have been if we hadn't gone up in our last parachute payment year, probably searching in the bargain basement of life ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because it can go so badly wrong , so quickly, ask the Pompey's , Bolton's , Sunderland's of this work ,I do wonder where we would have been if we hadn't gone up in our last parachute payment year, probably searching in the bargain basement of life ?
    The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.

The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.
    I can remember when we took another tact and it nearly destroyed us , we ended up with Slade /Trollope era repairing taking years moving overpriced, over indulged , over hyped players out ,I'm happy with caution if it saves and steadies our clubs existence.

I can remember when we took another tact and it nearly destroyed us , we ended up with Slade /Trollope era repairing taking years moving overpriced, over indulged , over hyped players out ,I'm happy with caution if it saves and steadies our clubs existence.
    I agree entirely and I think Bolton would too. It's easy to spend gambling on staying up but the potential consequences when it all goes wrong could cost us our club:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eague-15004538

That will involve more debt that Tan will be required to convert to equity so I can well understand his reluctance to spend heavily on new players. If debt levels increase we will be back to square one. I would rather have a club that is solvent than one that is flirting with HMRC over missed tax payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That will involve more debt that Tan will be required to convert to equity so I can well understand his reluctance to spend heavily on new players. If debt levels increase we will be back to square one. I would rather have a club that is solvent than one that is flirting with HMRC over missed tax payments.
    Give me strength .

It was reported that we were, effectively, debt free because we only owed money our owner.

Give me strength .

It was reported that we were, effectively, debt free because we only owed money our owner.
    Its not a money tree though ,all one is saying lets not repeat the error ,however solvent we might think we are

Its not a money tree though ,all one is saying lets not repeat the error ,however solvent we might think we are
    TOBW has been in a massive pissy since we got relegated.. in particular regard to our spending, it's quite amusing to behold really, always thought he was more of a sensible type.

I fully expect his next quiz to be, '5 decades of Cardiff City NOT SPENDING **** ALL THE ****ING AMATEURS DESPITE GETTING OVER 31,000 CROWDS PER GAME - 'PLUCKY LITTLE ****ING CARDIFF' MY BASTARD ARSE SACK THE ****ING BOARD AND **** ****ING NEIL WARNOCK!!'

Give me strength .

You must be alone in thinking that buying players will not create debt. Tan has spent a lot of money reducing debt ( or even eliminating it) ; surely he can't be expected to invest more to create the debt that has taken so long to reduce (or eliminate). I must confess I hadn't realised debt had been totally eliminated but will take your word for it.

What's the budget Vincent?
    That's the question Neil's asking.
    I

This time we haven't got Kenwyn Jones,LaFonda to name just two that couldn't even cut it at championship level.I think the city will spend and I think we'll have a go as well.I've a feeling we won't be taking chances on fat pie eating types either.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    This time we haven't got Kenwyn Jones,LaFonda to name just two that couldn't even cut it at championship level.I think the city will spend and I think we'll have a go as well.I've a feeling we won't be taking chances on fat pie eating types either.
    What about Madine,Tomlin,Bogle,O’Keefe,Connelly etc?

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

So appears the choice is Warnock's on whether he stays or goes.

Thoughts?
    Confirmation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48187907

I would be all for going in a new direction if I had a great deal of faith in our board knowing a) what direction they wanted to go in and b) being able to pick the personnel to deliver that change of direction successfully. In short I don't think they would get it right and feel success with Warnock was more luck than judgement.

Given this lack of faith then I think it is better the devil you know with Warnock. I am grateful for what he has done for the club and feel he could have spent our money better and should have gone all out to Tan to secure a striker last summer. All that said, despite the football not being the most pleasing to the eye the manager is effective at Championship level and if it means another tilt at promotion and continued stability for another season then I'm happy enough with it.

I just hope he realises how good Murphy and Reid can be in the championship and let’s them play football.

I don’t mind him staying, but with our midfield needing serious rebuilding I worry what type of player the club will idenitify. We cannot have another 11 full of grafters and triers, we need someone who can pass the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I just hope he realises how good Murphy and Reid can be in the championship and let’s them play football.

I don’t mind him staying, but with our midfield needing serious rebuilding I worry what type of player the club will idenitify. We cannot have another 11 full of grafters and triers, we need someone who can pass the ball
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    What about Madine,Tomlin,Bogle,O’Keefe,Connelly etc?
    They most likely aren't on wages Jones and let fondre were.
    I feel we will be better equipped this time after relegation, previously we chucked money on players with high wages last time and when we were relegated we needed to sell.
    This time we have spent hardly anything and all the players we have played in the championship before so know the league and can't see them being on as high wages as players were when relegated last time

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, you don’t get much for 10 million these days. Hell, we might even get back the cash blown in madine! I’m pretty sure Murphy and Reid will either do very well next season or move on for what we paid. I recall maCormack going for 11 million a few years ago and he’s guff in comparison. Solid squad, will find things much easier in the championship so why not let Neil work his usual magic.
    I’d love a player akin to Ross McCormack in his pomp here now!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

So appears the choice is Warnock's on whether he stays or goes.

Thoughts?
    I’m not sure that it is the right decision but certainly far better than going into the new season with the wrong person.
    Anything other than a good start will put enormous pressure on NW and could result in a new Manager before the January window.

I do feel that we need to see changes in players and the way that we play.