+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Never thought I'd say this about him while we were a Premier League club, but I'd go for Lee Peltier.

Re: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never thought I'd say this about him while we were a Premier League club, but I'd go for Lee Peltier.
    The guy has played CL football so somewhere there was a footballer waiting to be discovered.
    I'm as amazed as you Bob.

Re: Our most consistent outfield player over the last couple of months of the season?

I never really understood the negativity towards him in the first place.
    Hes never been a flair player but has always been consistent, if not spectacular.

Palace gave him a torrid time on Saturday. I remember thinking that it was the first time that he'd really struggled since coming back into the team in January.

Bruno Manga. He's far better than people give him credit for. Yes he makes the odd blunder but generally he's underpinned the back 4 all season and we haven't missed Bamba.

Next season, I'd play Morrison & Manga in the middle at the back and Bamba in front of them, in the Gunnar role.

If only he hadn't got the shits before the Watford game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Palace gave him a torrid time on Saturday. I remember thinking that it was the first time that he'd really struggled since coming back into the team in January.
    No shame in that as Zaha has caused many full backs issues this season and gained many penalties along the way as well.

But he is an “old school” full back who doesn’t really get forward which is why I think people have said we need a new right back or wanted to see Jazz Richards get a run in the team ? Manga clearly is better at centre half than full back!!

In the modern game, full backs don’t just defend , they are also expected to get forward at pace to either give the team width or populate areas further up field allowing their teammates more advanced to deploy a high press such as Liverpool or Man City.

Arter when playing is the most consistent and Bennett, Peltier has been excellent too as has Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Arter when playing is the most consistent.
    There's no doubting that Arter is consistent. He runs around a lot, kicks people, gets booked, gives the ball away frequently, creates next to nothing, never scores and does all of that consistently.

Arter is consistent in that he's booked virtually every game he plays. He could do a decent job for us in the Championship but not on £40k a week. Arter will remain in Bournemouth where he is still under contract unless of course he is willing to accept a massive decrease in his wages.

consistently shit? lol sure...

Gunnarson - consistent and good (and gone from what ive heard )

Niasse was consistent as well.

He didn't cover himself in glory for Chelsea's second goal

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He didn't cover himself in glory for Chelsea's second goal
    that was consistent lee peltier imo

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There's no doubting that Arter is consistent. He runs around a lot, kicks people, gets booked, gives the ball away frequently, creates next to nothing, never scores and does all of that consistently.

He's our most accurate passer, though that is perhaps not the greatest accolade to have. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Peltier or Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bruno Manga. He's far better than people give him credit for. Yes he makes the odd blunder but generally he's underpinned the back 4 all season and we haven't missed Bamba.

Next season, I'd play Morrison & Manga in the middle at the back and Bamba in front of them, in the Gunnar role.
    I think he might have been used in there against Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe 1 or 2 others toward the end of the season

He sometimes looks completely lost in midfield though, especially against pace or when the opposition cut his options down and force him to pass

Manga has been by far our most consistent player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

All that aside we are more successful with him than without him, I think?

It seems that way anyway!!!