+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Niasse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Niasse

Used to watch Derek Showers when he was in the youth team (my mate was the 'keeper (John Williams) from Porthcawl). They used to play home games just down the road from Ninian Park (Coronation Park) and kicked off early when the first team were home. He certainly scored loads of goals in the team that reached the F.A. Youth Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Used to watch Derek Showers when he was in the youth team (my mate was the 'keeper (John Williams) from Porthcawl). They used to play home games just down the road from Ninian Park (Coronation Park) and kicked off early when the first team were home. He certainly scored loads of goals in the team that reached the F.A. Youth Cup Final.
    If I remember correctly he was half of a ginger duo in the reserves side i.e. with Jimmy McInch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I remember correctly he was half of a ginger duo in the reserves side i.e. with Jimmy McInch.
    yep you got them.

Showers was prolific goal scorer in his youth days known as "Nookie Bear" due to his resemblance to Roger DeCourcey who operated the puppet bear

Yes, they were both prolific at youth and reserve level. McInch had a run of 8 games in the League at the start of 1974/75, no goals and we got relegated at the end of the season. He did score one in the League Cup though. He left at the end of that season for the dizzy heights of Bath City.

Golden Showers perhaps.