+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niasse

Re: Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We beat ‘em away though, and it was a fair old while before they lost at home again.
    Wasn't it the only home game they lost that season?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Used to watch Derek Showers when he was in the youth team (my mate was the 'keeper (John Williams) from Porthcawl). They used to play home games just down the road from Ninian Park (Coronation Park) and kicked off early when the first team were home. He certainly scored loads of goals in the team that reached the F.A. Youth Cup Final.
    But then hardly scored any for the first team (was it 10?).

I always remember him as putting in 100% when playing though.

Showers had no pace. After 5 minutes of running around he would go bright red and look as though he was going to explode. He was not a natural athlete. I recall watching him play squash on several occasions and he was slow around the court and frankly a poor player who put in a lot of effort (all huff and puff with little result) - just like he was at football.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Has he re joined Everton.
    Arter, Camarasa and Gunnarsson have all been confirmed as gone but very quiet on Niasse.
    I hope we are not being fooled into taking him ?
    Just watched the NW post Man U press conference. One thing that really did concern me was that he included Niasse in the group of good players that we had lost.

PLEASE NEIL NO, PLEASE NO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    This is an insult to DANNY Showers.
    Well remembered. I'm fairly sure that was his nickname because of his similarity to a ginger American singer called Danny Kaye.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He doesn't seem to have developed as a player since coming to the UK; I could write "excellent player except for first touch and final touch" and you wouldn't know which of his seasons I'm talking about. He could do a good job in the Championship or off the bench for a lower Premier League side but not for his wages.
    He lacks a goal in life...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I remember correctly he was half of a ginger duo in the reserves side i.e. with Jimmy McInch.
    Golden Showers perhaps.

When we were in dire need of a striker before Xmas, I definitely remember Niasse being touted around by a number of people here as being available and a ‘good buy’. It was pointed out by others that he wasn't a prolific goal scorer and was more of a ‘no.10’ type of player but these arguments were shot down in flames, as usual. Funny how opinions can change over such a short space of time isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    When we were in dire need of a striker before Xmas, I definitely remember Niasse being touted around by a number of people here as being available and a ‘good buy’. It was pointed out by others that he wasn't a prolific goal scorer and was more of a ‘no.10’ type of player but these arguments were shot down in flames, as usual. Funny how opinions can change over such a short space of time isn't it.
    Stop telling porkies

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not often I agree with you, but you’re bang on, plenty of people thought he’d be an asset, including Everton fans who said he’d score “somehow”. Seems we were all wrong. Can’t knock his work rate though.

He was misused - i have no faith in warnock using him right in the championship either. Get rid before we ruin his career.

Preferred him to Zohore because he worked hard, was unlucky not to score against Liverpool but both can’t score to save their lives?